Eastern Caribbean excursions for babies

Dawniepoo

I am having trouble finding any baby-friendly excursions for our Eastern Itinerary on the Navigator coming up. There is either a minumum age reqiurement or obviously not appropriate for a 15 month old. Has anyone done any excursions in St. Thomas, St. Martin, Jan Juan or Nassau with your small kids?:o

I am having trouble finding any baby-friendly excursions for our Eastern Itinerary on the Navigator coming up. There is either a minumum age reqiurement or obviously not appropriate for a 15 month old. Has anyone done any excursions in St. Thomas, St. Martin, Jan Juan or Nassau with your small kids?:o

We sailed on the winifred (in St. Thomas) with our then 20-month-old and had a blast.

http://www.sailwinifred.com/

Though it was a bit pricey, it was worth it.

Actually, on that cruise we also did a private catamaran tour in Barbados and also had such a wonderful time. For these excursions I kept him in a life vest that I brought along and also had him on one of those baby leashes, just in case, but it was never a problem.

I would definitely look into private excursions, which are less likely to have a min. age than the ship excursions (and usually cheaper and often more fun, too). Also, avoid any that have alot of bus time or driving time...learned that one the hard way.

Also check out good beaches in the ports you are going to. A beach day is usually fun for a little one and less stress and money, too.

Good luck!

Shellie

• 3 weeks later...

Look into Coral World in StThomas and if you have the time go over to Paradise Island and check out the Atlantis while your ship is in Nassau.

Coral World is right there on Coki Beach and you can walk through the Aquarium Tunnels at the Atlantis with no fee. You can't use their chairs or pool or water rides, but you can hang on the beach if you don't mind sitting on towels!!

Linda

We love the eastern carribean!

Coral World is great (St. Thomas) They have a hands on petting area where you can touch starfish and some other sea creatures. And they have an underwater observatory where you can look at all of the fish. And my tots got a kick out of the lizards running around everywhere.

We did the "Under two flags tour" on St.Maarten. It's just an airconditioned bus tour that makes stops all over the island. And there were alot of places to stop for photo ops along the way.

Beaches are always a good bet. We did go to Orient Beach on our last cruise. It is a European beach so you will see some topless sunbathing (think Discovery channel not playboy channel...it wasn't a pretty site, believe me :p ) We had many kids in our party (age 7 months to age 6) and not one of them even noticed the nude bathers.

I hear that Megans Bay is beautiful.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I've been to Megan's Bay with my daughter - great beach. The drive is a bit crazy - just bring a car seat. You may have to wait for a taxi or two for seat belts but there are hundreds!

The beach is very calm and the sand is great for building sand castles!

We did the "Under two flags tour" on St.Maarten. It's just an airconditioned bus tour that makes stops all over the island. And there were alot of places to stop for photo ops along the way.

We're thinking of doing the "under two flags" tour with our kids (ages 14, 11, 9 and 11 months) How is the situation in the bus? Did you bring a car seat? I'm wondering if I should buy one of those portable car seats, or just forego the excursions that involve driving anywhere. I'm not sure what to do while in St. Thomas, either! Any ideas?

We're thinking of doing the "under two flags" tour with our kids (ages 14, 11, 9 and 11 months) How is the situation in the bus? Did you bring a car seat? I'm wondering if I should buy one of those portable car seats, or just forego the excursions that involve driving anywhere. I'm not sure what to do while in St. Thomas, either! Any ideas?

They did not allow car seats on the "Under Two Flags" excursion bus. I had to hold my daughter who was 2 at the time on my lap.

Another year we went, we didn't go anywhere that wasn't within walking distance because we didn't want to risk a taxi there.

This past cruise we just went to Orient Beach.

As for St. Thomas, we went to Coral World. :)

Archived