Quick input on Wilderness Safari Excursion please!

p0mpey

We are booking our excursions today for our 9/6 cruise on the Spirit. We were not planning on spending a whole lot of $'s on our excursions (our daughter suddenly planned to get married next year....say no more!) but I seem to remember reading great things about the Glacier Point Wilderness Safari and last night we decided that maybe we could do one big excursion. What I am really looking for is feedback of whether this is really worth the money before I go ahead and push that 'book' key.

Thanks for any and all opinions.

Hi,

We did this excursion last year when we sailed Radiance and I have to say it was an excursion I would HIGHLY recommend. It is definately right up there with a Glacier helicopter landing in my opinion (AND the opinion of DH). The guys who organise it are professional and good fun and there's nothing like being all the way out there in the wilderness with just 3 kayaks of people on a very large 'lake'... not a sound other than those of the breeze in the trees and the birds around you. A real 'close to nature' experience. You get to touch pieces of the glacier which have broken off in the water..... an amazing experience and one which I would not have liked to have missed.

Happy planning.

billrco90278, I would love to see the photos. My email is pathirst@msn.com. I went ahead and booked the excursion yesterday. It starts at 8.00 -1:30 and I am hoping that the departure time is not too early. The second choice was 10.30 - 4.00 but the ship leaves at 4.30 and I want a couple of hours to see Skagway after the excursion. I think fog is the only reason that the early time might be the wrong choice but I guess we can't have everything. Look forward to seeing the photos and thanks.

Archived