Don't Get A Cabin At the Elevators!

JeannetteC

We prefer cabins near the elevator and stairs. We've never had a noise problem, but we don't travel when there are a lot of children on board. I would imagine that if there are a lot of kids running around, it wouldn't much matter where your cabin is located.

We just returned from the 6/26 sailing of the Caribbean Princess with a cabin near the elevators. Our sleep was interrupted every night. There was one group of Spanish speaking people that used the elevator lobby area for a playground for their 10 or so loud children, usually sometime around 12:00. Every night we asked them to be quiet. They had an adult with them, so I guess it was OK for their children to keep my family awake. Then around 3:00am most mornings (probably 5 out of 7) a group of young adults or teenagers would party in the lobby area or run up and down the hall yelling.

We called the front desk one morning at 3:00am. They sent someone down, but the group was gone by the time they got there. The group must have made some type of mess in the elevator area because a few minutes later, housekeeping came down and vacuumed.

I am all for everyone having a good time on their vacation. On a ship this big, I can't believe there isn't a place where these people can go to have a wonderful time without disturbing others.

We had a fabulous time and would love to cruise on this ship again-just not with a cabin near an elevator.

It's really the parents responsibility to make sure they know where their kids are and what they're doing. Technically, there's supposed to be one adult in each cabin but no one pays attention to that. I have to believe that the parents just don't care. Which is sad.

Archived