Is this OK for formal night???

twirler324

I've posted below about a tan suit, but the jacket is tan, the pants are dark...my dress is pink with gold threading designs under the black poncho. I am not sure if this would be dressy enough for one of the formal nights aboard the Carnival Valor.

I've also posted it below in my first thread, but wasn't sure if people would go into that one or not...

Thank you for your honest opinions!

PS. Sorry they are so small, I couldn't figure out how to put them on here big enough...

cruise critic3.bmp

cruise critic 2.bmp

The picture is too small for me to tell anything. Are you the same person who posted your wedding dress? I could not tell anything about that either.

Now I am not savvy enough to post anything so I can't say much-but surely someone could help you to post something bigger??

I don't know anyone can help you out when we can't see anything about your dress.

The pictures are very small so , yes, it is hard to give an accurate opinion.

However, from what I can see, the dress you are wearing is not a formal dress... I consider it casual.

I know the true "formal" interpretation is a full length gown. I will wear a cocktail dress instead sometimes instead, but that is about the extent of it for me.

Does that mean you will get turned away? No.

Carnival, especially, is very lax on their dress codes unfortunately and will allow just about anything.

I've posted below about a tan suit, but the jacket is tan, the pants are dark...my dress is pink with gold threading designs under the black poncho. I am not sure if this would be dressy enough for one of the formal nights aboard the Carnival Valor.

I've also posted it below in my first thread, but wasn't sure if people would go into that one or not...

Thank you for your honest opinions!

PS. Sorry they are so small, I couldn't figure out how to put them on here big enough...

Your husband outfit now sounds more like pants with a sport jacket than a ''suit'' since it is 2-pieces put together instead of a 2-piece suit (do I make sense?).

Your dress doesn't seem like a formal outfit either.

You won't be turned away in a Carnival dinning room but you're not really wearing ''formal'' clothes.

Like I said, I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures bigger, but thank you to those who DID reply. Looks like we are going shopping! DH said he will buy a dark suit, hopefully at an outlet or something...we want to spend $$ on the ship!! :p And I will look around for something for myself fo rhte 2nd night. I already have ONE outfit which I wore to a wedding. :p It's so hard to find things my size being that I am not a "small" person...Wish me luck finding something, we leave SUNDAY!!!

Thank you for the honest responses!!

Like I said, I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures bigger, but thank you to those who DID reply. Looks like we are going shopping! DH said he will buy a dark suit, hopefully at an outlet or something...we want to spend $$ on the ship!! :p And I will look around for something for myself fo rhte 2nd night. I already have ONE outfit which I wore to a wedding. :p It's so hard to find things my size being that I am not a "small" person...Wish me luck finding something, we leave SUNDAY!!!

Thank you for the honest responses!!

well I see it was kudothatfly that posted the small picture of her wedding dress. I wonder why you two's pictures are so small.

As I said I can't really say anything-I do not even know how to post pictures-I have to get my hubby or daughter to do it for me and then they want to read everything I have posted so I hate to even ask them.

You said you have trouble finding things in your size. An idea I had is if you bought a dressy bolero jacket or shrug to wear with the dress-I just did not like it in that one picture where you wore a sweather with it. it looked very casual in that picture from what I could tell about it.

Do you know the material of the dress? A silk, satin or organza material can look very dressy. Even if the dress isnot really a cocktail dress.

Momofmeg-

Thank you for the suggestion! I ended up being stressed about this, and since it's hard to find something, I went out today! It typically works that if I wait too long, I never find something.

I ended up getting two outfits for the formal nights. One gorgeous brown dress, I would post it, but don't want to post since it would be so small. I also got a nice lavender sequin and beaded top with white flowing pants. Even if I end up not wearing that for the formal night, it would still be OK for a "regular" dinner night. I think I will end up wearing the pink dress on a "regular night" as well.

Now...for a suit...

Thank you!

Archived