Amerisuites Fort Lauderdale

bruexx

We are contemplating booking a couple of rooms pre-cruise for 4 nites at the Amersuites on 17th, are there any better choices for similar accommodation in this area?Do the rooms have outside balconies?I gather that this a good area to stay pre-cruise?? First time to FLL to catch a cruise. Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

amerisuites is very close to the port.Free shuttle from the airport and to the port makes it a very popular place for precruise stays.we are staying at the florida grande for our up coming cruise on the enchantment of the seas sept 16th.its about the same price as amerisuites but its in the waterway across from the port.

We just stayed there on 7/28- I didn't see any balconies.

Our room cost $69 through Valutrips.com and was a real bargain.

We had two beds/bathroom/vanity area/kitchenette with microwave and fridge/seating area with sofa and armchairs,so it was quite spacious. All was clean and in good condition with the exception of the bathtub which was clean but chipped in places.

The hotel staff came to pick us up at the airport ten minutes after I phoned and delivered us to the ship the next am.

They have what I would call a continental breakfast- cereals/bagels/sweet rolls and waffles that you can make yourself.

This hotel is a LONG walk from the beach,if that is what you need. Outside the hotel you can catch the Sun trolley- a free ride into town/beach area that will get you there in about ten minutes,we did a circuit to have a look at Beach Place and came right back.

The hotel has a small pool,towels provided.

Two doors away from the hotel is an Outback Steakhouse.Other restaurants within walking distance.

Out the back door and catacorner over a parking lot is a PUblix supermarket and strip mall that has a liquor store if you need last minute supplies.

It is set back from a busy road but the area is quiet,I think Embassy Suites,which is almost opposite,would be noisier.

Archived