Bayonne/Voyager (7/16) info, please

My family and I are sailing to the Carribbean on Voyager (we were on Explorer last summer from Florida so we know the ship) from Bayonne on July 16th (next week...YEAH!!). A friend is driving us to the port since we live in NJ. I like to get to the registration area and board as early as possible. Has anyone left from Bayonne? I understand that we register and then board a bus to the ship. What is the earliest we get there to register and board? Any other info we need? I'm traveling with my 15 year old son. He is a low key guy who has cruised before. He's the kind who values school and likes to wear a tux and stays pretty much to himself. He's not a with-the-gang-in-the-hot-tub-trying-to-score-a-beer kid. He loves Socom and Star Wars Galaxy. He will use the cruise to relax and read but if any teens like him will be sailing, please let me know. Maybe we'll see you at the Cruise Critic get together.

My wife, granddaughter and I just came back from Canada on 7/2/04 and saw others waiting to enter the ship. The time we finally got off the ship way approximately 1030 and people were still waiting at 1100am. Not too many people in line but the terminal was getting busy. We pulled in to port about 7:30 and saw cars entering the parking areas.

You might check with others but to avoid long waits you might just get there ultra early.

Enjoy your cruise. We sure did.

We returned from the VOS 6/18 cruise. We arrived at Bayonne at noon. We got on line and waited approximately 30-45 minutes to get our seapass cards. It was a little unorganized but should be better when you get there. The shuttle to the ship takes about 3 minutes. We were on the ship by 1:45 and our room was ready and our luggage was in our room by 4 P.M. Some others that got there later waited much longer and didn't get their luggage until much later that nite.

The ship did not sail until 6:15. At 5 P.M. they were still loading the luggage onto the ship (we were able to see this because we had a dockside balcony).

However, once you're on the ship who cares whether it sails on time. There was an open pool and jacuzzi so if you're swimmers carry a bathing suit with you to change.

The cruise was wonderful and we had a fabulous time.

I hope that you are having the friends pick you up as well because it was a nightmare getting a cab to go home (we live in Jersey) and were obscenely overcharged.

Have a wonderful time!

We sailed 6/12 on the Empress, we arrived at 1:00 pm and got right on the ship we were in the Windjammer eating lunch by 1:45. There were no lines at check in at all and it took about 10 minutes to get all four of us checked in with our Sea passes in hand.

Have a great trip

Archived