I decided to take the Zuiderdam

SmokinActuary

on a 7 day Eastern Caribbean trip from 3/31/07 to 4/7/07. My wife and I will be celebrating my BIL's 50th with my in-laws, my 8 year old daughter and my SIL's Dad and 9 year old niece.

In reality we only had two options - HAL or Carnival, because of date and ports of departure restrictions. While Carnival has more bells and whistles for the kids, I figured during the week we are traveling there will be enough kids on board so that our girls will be occupied.

My only concern is that the pools are SO small. I wonder if they will be overwhelmed with a full ship?

don't be worried about the size of the pools. Even when the ship was full, we never had to worry about finding a chair around the Lido Pool, even durring sea days.

They have a great kids program too. you will the the vista class ships. we have been on the westerdam and the oosterdam. we will be on the Z this december!

You will love this trip and the girls will have a great time. My dd's had a blast on the Zuiderdam last year. We are actually booked on Princess for the week of 3/31 because of the itinerary but in the back of my mind I keep thinking maybe I should change and go back on the Zuiderdam. Maybe we'll see you on board by the way my one daughter will be 8 as well.

you will love the Zuiderdam...she's a beauty! will be boarding her as soon as you depart! (board on April 7). HAL is for the mature ;) (in behavior...NOT age!) traveler. Kids program is good...so the kids will be fine and the adults will be much happier on HAL. You made a good choice. Perhaps we'll see you departing!

Cass

I think you will love this ship and don't worry about the pools being crowded. You have two pools and there always seemed to be plenty of chairs available. When we went, there wasn't a lot of "chair hogs"....I don't know if that has changed, but I think you will love the ship and be very happy w/your choice. Don't forget to check out the kids program. Our children are grown, but I've heard nothing but positive things about the program for parents who have taken advantage of it. Have a great cruise!

Archived