Green Monkey Eco Tours

AlohaPride

Hello,

I just finished booking a shore excursion with our cruise in December. The following is the Description:

"Travel inland, through sugar cane fields and peaceful villages to the east coast, with its rugged beauty, then ascend to the Barbados Wildlife Reserve. View the Barbados Green Monkey at close range. There are also deer, wallabies, otters, tortoises and a large walk-in aviary where exotic birds are housed. Forest pathways wind between the trees that take you through an Arawak Cave as the mysteries of the plant world are revealed. The 19th-century Signal Station commands a spectacular view. You will pass through Speightstown en route back to the ship."

What do you all think? It kind of sounds like a Zoo. I'm not entirely fond of zoos, so if anyone has been to the Barbados Wildlife Reserve would you please let me know what it is like. Does anyone have pictures? DH and I figured we would do something on land as we SCUBA dive here at home a lot and don't really want to snorkel on vacation. Thanks a bunch!

Archived