Tahiti - Cook Islands vs. Marquesas?

jtaves

We're getting ready to plan a Tahiti cruise, and I wondered if anyone has advice comparing these two itineraries. I read somewhere that the Cook Islands have more water activities and the Marquesas have more land activities, but is that true? How do they compare in other ways?

I'd love to hear from people who have been on these cruises. We're looking to book for next winter (2007/2008). We're going to be on Dawn Princess starting tomorrow and I want to book it while we're on board!

Thanks!

All I can talk about is the Cook Island. We were unable to get off the ship due to rough seas. We had been told this is a fairly common occurance. It gave us 3 sea days in a row. MY DH and I didn't mind but a lot of people do.

It's something you have to keep in mind when booking Tahiti.

I've done both and doing both at the end of this year for Xmas and New Years cruises....not so about the less and more activities....both itineraries a great and I don't prefer one over the other...hey it's Tahiti afterall!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

We did the Marquesas itinerary. You can check it out in the review on our website www.thepreismans.com . We loved it and there was awesome water activities in Rangiroa. I was surprised that some folks dove on the Marquesas and said it was quite good. From what I understand, either itinerary is wonderful. I would love to do the Cook Island itineraly one of these days. I did the Marquesas first, because they only do it for a few months a year and figured to do it while I could, since the Cook Island one would be easier to book in the future. Plus, I really wanted to go to the unspoiled Marquesas.

You don't actually need to book a specific cruise while on board. You can just purchase a future cruise credit then make your decision at your leisure. There a ton of info on the Pacific Islands section of Port of CAlls.

Archived