David's Bridal sale 7/10-26

lydiagb

David's Bridal is having a couple of different sales for 2 weeks 7/10-26. Some of their bridesmaid dresses will be $99 and the other sale is 30-70% off bridesmaid dresses, special occasion dresses, prom dresses and separates putting them between $19.99-49.99. I was there to look at dresses today and I have to say their bridesmaids dresses have come a long way from the bridesmaids dresses I had to wear in the 90's. I haven't needed to look for a formal dress since 1998. The sizes at David's Bridal go up to 26 and their sizes don't run small. Their site has pictures of all their dresses and you can see it in all the shades it comes in. I was pleasantly surprised! I'm going to call tomorrow to see if the style I want, 8023, will be on sale. I tried it on today and really like it. Good luck!

Lydia

http://davidsbridal.com/index.jsp

Thank you so much for posting about this. DH and I went to 6 stores yesterday looking for a formal for me to wear (we sail Aug 7 - Splendour of the Seas) and found nothing we could see paying for. Saw this thread yesterday evening - went to Davids at opening time today and found a great dress for 49.99 (reg $168). Came home, called the in-laws (they are taking us on the cruise), and they are going to Davids tomorrow!

Hooray!

Thanks for the information. I went to the website and discovered a store in a town that I visit frequently. I am not going on my cruise until late December, so I still have time to lose those twenty or thirty pounds that I need to lose. The gowns on the site were lovely. So far, all I have seen in my department stores are dresses that would be appropriate for the prom, or if I was twenty years or more older. Thank you again.

I'm so glad that some people have benefitted from the post! I am going to check the store out some time in the next week. If not I will buy the style I like at full price. The style I like is not part of the $99 sale but it's possible there might be one or two in my size on the rack as part of the other sale. I think the other sale with the drastic discounts might be discontinued styles and colors. So maybe a discontinued color? We'll see.

Lydia

laurali, hope you enjoy the Splendour. Tell us about it when you get back. We will be on it in November on a Transatlantic from Barcelona to Tampa. Hope everyone has as good of luck at David's as I did. I love a bargain!

Archived