What is this new Fast program?

From Cruise News Daily:

*Royal Caribbean Puts Families on the Fast Track

Aug 11 - If your family won't fit into a standard cabin, and you look at the cruise line's website, you're probably never going see a larger cabin available for them. So what do you do? Call the FaST Team.

Royal Caribbean has set up the FaSt Team to assist families with more than four people who want to travel in one cabin.

Here is the link: http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com

What will they do? Allow you to sleep an extra person in your room for four? Any have any expericne with this nw program? Any info would be great.

From Cruise News Daily:

*Royal Caribbean Puts Families on the Fast Track

Aug 11 - If your family won't fit into a standard cabin, and you look at the cruise line's website, you're probably never going see a larger cabin available for them. So what do you do? Call the FaST Team.

Royal Caribbean has set up the FaSt Team to assist families with more than four people who want to travel in one cabin.

Here is the link: www.cruisenewsdaily.com

What will they do? Allow you to sleep an extra person in your room for four? Any have any expericne with this nw program? Any info would be great.

No experience with this here, actually learned from it from you, but the way I read it, I doubt they will allow you to sleep more in a room than the room holds but they will ofer you all those cabins holding more people like Family rooms. You often can´t find them online and they will have them all. At least from my understanding, but I might be wrong.

My understanding is that they don't show availability for the family cabins on their website, as they are so limited. They have set up a special "team" of agents at RCCL to book parties of 5 or more.

I would think that is correct- since most of the rooms that can hold over 4 people get booked early it can be hard to find a room for over 4. It may be the reps can tell you which sailings have availability for your sized group.

We are waitlisted for a family room for an upcoming cruise in November and we booked that 6 months in advance.

Here's a thought that might be what is "unstated" in the advertisement. If you look at the cabin schematics on the different decks, occassionally you will find a lower category stateroom (ocean view maybe) adjoining a balcony cabin, or a suite. Maybe they have arranged this so that more than 4 people can share the balcony of the balcony room, but half of them pay the lower fare of just an ocean view room. Our suite has a lower category stateroom adjoining it. Just a detail we noticed on our deck layout and not something we will be using on this cruise, but I began to think that might be what it was for when I first saw it. Any thoughts?

Archived