digital camera FOG question

Hi,

I have always had the problem of where I would be sitting in the room and seen a great scene outside the balcony, grabbed the digital camara went outside only to find that due to the temp/humidity I had to wait 5 min for the fog to clear off the lense.

Anyone else experiance this?? Any anti-fog products out there that are safe for camaras??

I started leaving my camara outside the balcony if I know I want to take pictures just to get it used to the outside weather.

I have a good insulated case. When the camera is staying in the cabin for an extended amount of time I keep my camera in the case and wrap it in a towel and keep it low on the floor.

I have also experienced this, and the problem is the rapid temperature change. Keeping the camera wrapped in a towel and thereby insulated from the cabin air-conditioning will help, but may not be a complete solution. There are many products out there that can also help, and the products along with the towel method should be a complete remedy. Here is a link to one such product. http://www.opticguard.com/ It is important that when purchasing such a product that you be sure it is safe for coated lenses, as many camera lenses are coated. One downfall to these products for use on cameras is they work best when applied to both surfaces of the lens, but most cameras produced today have good lens seals and therefore should be fine if you treat only the outside surface of the lens.

Good Luck

Archived