For those who've sailed out of Norfolk..

iluvcruzin

This is a question for those of you who've sailed out of Norfolk (or the Maasdam). What time is the Muster Exercise? Is it before or after the ship sets sail (or leaves the dock)? I'm trying to get an idea of when it would be a good time to have a sailaway get together.

Personally, I don't think immediately following sailaway is a good time to schedule a CC meet & greet. Most folks are just too busy - when you miss the first one, its almost impossible to get to know those you've posted with on these boards.

We scheduled ours between 9:30-10:00pm the first night in the Crow's Nest. We also set up a second meeting just in case, the following afternoon, 4:00pm in the Ocean Bar. Almost everyone showed up for the first meeting and it was fantastic. We had such a great time and ended up spending quite a bit of time together...

Marc, you may recall our roll-call for the 4/3 sailing on the Maasdam/ Norfolk - I think you dropped in a few times - we had a great time with it. We met some of the nicest people I've ever cruised with!

Thanks for your suggestions Ekerr. I agree with the idea that normally the early get-togethers onboard is not the prime time. Two timeframes is a great idea to give others a chance to meet up.

On this particular sailing,there is already a small group that are meeting the night before the sailing for dinner so a good number will have already met. It would be nice to have a locale/time to raise glasses and toast to a smooth sailing and meet up with those who can't meet the night before. If we knew when the Muster activity takes place we can put some time frame around it. I like the idea of Crows Nest at 9:30pm for those who can't make the sailaway. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Archived