Pearl Debarkation Time 12 Noon - Flight Time

seamare

I have booked the Pearl for March 2, arriving back to Miami on March 11 at 12 noon - can I make a 3:00 flight - there are really no other good flights after that time. I've never seen a ship dock at that time before. How long do you think it really takes to clear customs? I hate to have to get motel room for that night and use another day of vacation

My .02

Really a little early - but good chance of making it.

When the Spirit was on the same itinerary it normally not always docked early, generally with no issues the ships in Miami clear in a hour, use the pay option to check your bags and get boarding passes with the airline onboard, use express disembarkation, take a cab, hope security is relaxed a bit. Miami Aiport is a zoo in the early afernoon.

Any or all of the above could cause a delay putting you fight at risk, Ship in after noon, delay in clearance, 1 hour security line....If you miss it you are in the same shape - staying an extra day and flying home in the morning.

I say go for it 90% chance of it working but don't panic if that 10% bites you.

My .02

Really a little early - but good chance of making it.

When the Spirit was on the same itinerary it normally not always docked early, generally with no issues the ships in Miami clear in a hour, use the pay option to check your bags and get boarding passes with the airline onboard, use express disembarkation, take a cab, hope security is relaxed a bit. Miami Aiport is a zoo in the early afernoon.

Any or all of the above could cause a delay putting you fight at risk, Ship in after noon, delay in clearance, 1 hour security line....If you miss it you are in the same shape - staying an extra day and flying home in the morning.

I say go for it 90% chance of it working but don't panic if that 10% bites you.

What is the pay option to check the bags and boarding passesand boarding passes with airline onboard? I've cruised many times and not familiar with that. Also what does the airline do if you miss your flight, are there any additional fees attached to going out the next day? I do have trip insurance, will this cover the additional expenses?

Be careful. I would call NCL and see what flight time they recommend. If you book a flight that is before that recommended time (and miss it), most travel insurance will not cover your costs. Also, whether or not you will be charged for the later flight depends on the airline. If that is the last flight of the day to your home, you will definitely be responsible for paying for your own hotel if you miss that flight (if hotel rooms are even available).

Archived