Dinner reservations, anyone?

IM Alaska bound

We will be on the Sapphire Princess in Alaska next week. By the time we get to the ship, we will be cutting it too close to make our 6pm dinner seating. I know there are buffets, etc., but I am wondering if anyone knows of any way we can make a reservation at one of the on-board restaurants, IN ADVANCE??? Like now? Thanks for any suggestions!!!

No... you cannot make a reservation in one of the specialty restaurants ahead of time but if you make a reservation when you board for that night, you shouldn't have any problem.

Are you sure that your early seating is at 6:00PM? I've seen the early traditional dining times any time between 6PM - 6:30PM, and sometimes, the first night if people are still boarding, they have open seating. Don't know if that'll be true on your sailing but it's possible.

I've been in this exact position before... and what I did was dropped my things in my room and walked down to the specialty dining room (Sabatini's) and asked the Maitre'd when he could seat me that night.

The first night the phones to make reservations are always unpredictable, so don't frustrate yourself. Imagine 2000 people all calling to make reservations for the week. Yikes.

Walk down and talk to him in person and you'll be taken care of.

I think I will suggest to DH that we pick a specialty restaurant and see when they can seat us.

We are doing the land tour pre-trip so I am sure that many others are doing it, too, so I imagine dinner will be crazy the first night. Maybe room service if nothing else works out...esp. with two little ones. :)

Archived