Can you get a martini shaker with bar set up?

woodley

In the Owners suite the answer to all questions is YES.

Theoretically.

I have heard NO over sillies like pillows or another high hat or another carton of pinacolada mix.:mad:

I've had lovely chats with Hotel Directors and become happy again.:D

Woodley - Regarding the shaker - since it's a very personal item, you should probably bring your own, the one you're used to making perfect martinis with at home. The ones you'll get onboard are generic and clumsy and won't fit your hands. I always take my custom silver shaker in it's little velvet bag. :D

The bar tools they provide are good, so don't worry about bringing those.

Didn't I learn from a famous movie series that they were supposed to be "stirred, not shaken?"

I though the quote was "shaken, not stirred"

The James Bond books were written by Ian Fleming, and they soon turned into the James Bond movies. They've become an institution. But James Bond seems to be more than an indestructible Secret Agent (007) of the British Intelligence Services - he also seems to have deep medical insights.

Mr. Bond always orders his martinis as "shaken, not stirred". Why is this so?

I though the quote was "shaken, not stirred"

The James Bond books were written by Ian Fleming, and they soon turned into the James Bond movies. They've become an institution. But James Bond seems to be more than an indestructible Secret Agent (007) of the British Intelligence Services - he also seems to have deep medical insights.

Mr. Bond always orders his martinis as "shaken, not stirred". Why is this so?

Yes, Bond ordered his, "shaken, not stirred." However, the proper way to have a martini is stirred, not shaken.

So, ever true to the way Mr. Fleming wrote him, with the scar on his cheek and cruel expression, James Bond exerts violence even over his martini......

No gentle swirling, a beating among the ice crush to a lonely wait, no olive, no onion, in the glass for permanent BondGuy stomach oblivion.

Dah Dah Dah Daaaaah Da Daaah Da....

Smellytoes!

Everything you need is there, can opener, bottle opener, corkscrew, zester, peeler, etc.

White & red wines, champagne flutes, martinis, highball, cocktail.

Coffee maker (not espresso grind), mugs, service.

Don't hesitate to ask for little paper umbrellas, cherries, olives, onions, pineapple wedges, whatever trim you need to make your beverages happy.

Now, hope that 10506 opens up for us too.;) We hate to cruise in a strange place :p

It supposed be called a "Vodkatini", but no one ever does...

Nice to see you're a purist :D

Yes, a purist for the most part. I do sometimes live on the edge though by using a sour cocktail onion (making it a "Gibson") in place of the traditional olive. "Danger" is my middle name.......:D

Archived