New England/Canada - Carnival Victory

cls45

trvllover - Late September is probably the PERFECT time to see the fall colors. It starts right about then (you'll likely see more in Portland, ME than in Boston just simply because it starts further north) and goes through mid-October.

The weather could be on the cooler side. Plan on mid-60s during the day and cooler at night. Bring a light sweater or a light windbreaker-type jacket and you should be fine. It isn't unusual to have unseasonably warm or cold weather - it's New England after all!

musicmansmom - I haven't seen a single thing about hot air balloon rides but looked it up when you mentioned it. It's a tethered balloon on Boston Common and the 10th is the last day it'll be available. Here's what I found online: The AeroBalloon will fly daily, weather permitting, from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Due to afternoon breezes, the optimal times for balloon flights are from 7 a.m. to noon and after 5 p.m. After sunset, the AeroBalloon is illuminated from the inside becoming a soft glow in the night sky. Overnight, or during poor weather conditions, the balloon is safely moored to the ground via multiple outer mooring lines. Reservations will be offered this year each day during the 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. time slot at www.aeroballoon.com.

Tickets for ages 13 and older are $15 per ride. Adults may bring up to two children age 12 and under for free. An adult must accompany the children to take advantage of this offer. This year, Aeroballoon is offering a hotline at (617) 226-3860 that will feature daily updates and weather conditions.

Roberooski

thanks alot. that is exactly the info i was looking for. i will try to get a ride on it. it sounds like fun. great info :)

Archived