Some Shore Excursions Unavailable

bonbob

We are going out on the Crown in Nov - trying to book some shore excursions, and finding that some are not available, even though they are still available on the main site, and in the book, just not through this specific voyage. We were looking for the afternoon beach rum bash in St Maarten and/or the Kon Tiki Party raft in St Thomas - neither are available. Does this normally happen or is there some other reason

I have been finding that no information is available on many of the excursions that I was inquiring about on the Princess site for my upcoming cruise this month. Very frustrating. Don't know why. I just used the excursion jbook they sent me.

A suggestion is that if these excursions are listed in your pre-cruise documents but not on the website, fill out the form and fax it in to Princess. I did that once for a tour that was listed as unavailable and got a call from the Shore Excursion desk as soon as I boarded to see if I wanted to sign up right then. I was able to and took the tour. This might not work for all excursions but it worked for me.

Don't rely on that info, on the 07/29 Crown cruise I booked the Arecibo/Rio Camuy caves excursion online for San Juan. About a week or 2 later the excursion was canceled by the tour operator and was noted accordingly on the cruise personalizer. I called Princess who verified that it was in fact canceled so I booked a rental car in San Juan as we were going to do the excursion on or own. When we boarded the tickets were in the cabin. :confused: I went to the excursion desk onboard and they knew nothing about the cancelation by the vendor and that the tour was on as scheduled.

Needless to say we missed San Juan due to TS Chris so we never got to go anyway.

So even if the cruise personalizer says one thing and Princess customer says another don't believe it until you are actually onboard to confirm it.

Go to the shore excursion desk ASAP after boarding. :)

Did you know the Kon Tiki raft in St. Thomas was built the same time as Noah's Ark? Stretching the truth a little bit, but if you saw it you would swear this is true! You don't know it, but consider yourself lucky to NOT book that one.

Thanks to all who responded, but bluefintuna made my day!! What a laugh we got from your reply.:p

Archived