How do I prepay the S&S

vesw01

This is a great idea! We are wanting to do something along the same lines since we have cash set aside for our trip. We don't want to put it on a credit card either.

Here's my question: If I use Fun Ship dollars, and don't use all the $ on our S & S account, do I still get it back in the form of check/cash or will it be issued as Fun Ship dollars?

Thanks! Everyone on here is soooo helpful:)

Here's my question: If I use Fun Ship dollars, and don't use all the $ on our S & S account, do I still get it back in the form of check/cash or will it be issued as Fun Ship dollars?

Thanks! Everyone on here is soooo helpful:)

You will get a check for the balance on the last night that you can either cash at the Purser's Desk, or at your bank when you get home.

Jackie H, When you are checking in they will ask you about what credit card to use and just tell them you will be using cash. You will then be instructed to take care of that when you board the ship. Just go to the pursers desk when you get on board and have them apply the cash/travelers checks to your S&S. No problem. If you start to run out during the week go back and add more. We do this on all of our cruises as we do not like to have a bill to face when getting home. The line does get long at the pursers desk so try to board early to avoid the longest lines.

The tip I learned from here:

I buy Fun Ship dollars online. When you get to the section where you're supposed to put in your mailing address, put in your booking number instead of your street address. You'll get an e-mail confirmation that the purchase was applied directly to your S&S account.

Can you do this if you havent made your final payment yet?

Jackie H, When you are checking in they will ask you about what credit card to use and just tell them you will be using cash. You will then be instructed to take care of that when you board the ship. Just go to the pursers desk when you get on board and have them apply the cash/travelers checks to your S&S. No problem. If you start to run out during the week go back and add more. We do this on all of our cruises as we do not like to have a bill to face when getting home. The line does get long at the pursers desk so try to board early to avoid the longest lines.

Thank you so much. I am printing this out, and adding it to my other important papers for the cruise.:)

Now that was a good post. And yes " WHY DO OTHERS HAVE TO BE RUDE".

One other way I have done it is to go buy a prepaid Credit Card. MC, Visa all have them. Then it works like a debit card. I always carry a back up one in my wallet as emergency back up money.

All went smoothly purchasing my "Fun-Ship" dollars. The number I called was 1-800-522-7648. I was told that the dollars will be applied to your sail and sign account once you activate it and get on board. You can do this as much as yuu like up until a week or two (rep. wasn't sure) before sailing. Oh and for the one who asked if you can do this before being fully paid the answer is yes.

All went smoothly purchasing my "Fun-Ship" dollars. The number I called was 1-800-522-7648. I was told that the dollars will be applied to your sail and sign account once you activate it and get on board. You can do this as much as yuu like up until a week or two (rep. wasn't sure) before sailing. Oh and for the one who asked if you can do this before being fully paid the answer is yes.

Thanks

1-800-794-6225 (This is the Certificate Telephone number on my receipt for buying advance On Board Credit.

Ask to buy Gift Certificates and for them to be marked "KEEP IN HOUSE", they need your Booking number, etc. and once purchased they can send you an Invoice with shows the amount and in the upper right hand corner under Delivery Adress it reads: OBC with a ship abreviation (SP for Spirit) and the sailing date. I've been doing it every few weeks for my 10/2 Spirit sailing and will do it from now on for all other cruises, deletes the need for a Credit Card or having to carry Travelers Checks to cash and deposit at the Purser's Desk.

The tip I learned from here:

I buy Fun Ship dollars online. When you get to the section where you're supposed to put in your mailing address, put in your booking number instead of your street address. You'll get an e-mail confirmation that the purchase was applied directly to your S&S account.

what a great idea ! Never thought of it and never would have went on-line..mucho faster than numberous phone calls

Go to Bonvoyage Gifts and Services on the Carnival web,click on gift certificates. click on details, and then quanity for how many fun ship dollars you want, they have increments of 25. 50. 100. & 500.00.

Now fill out your form with your

PHONE # : 123-456-7890

FIRST NAME: JANE

LAST NAME: DOE

ADDRESS LINE: This is where you would add your (booking #) not your home address

CITY: Name of City

STATE: Name of State

ZIP: "

SAIL DATE:

I hope this helps and I didn't steer you wrong, I have purchased over 500. this way and they all went to my S&S account. Good luck
:D

double thanks you.. I thought I had a good mental picture fo what to do thanks to Meredith ..then you spell it out in simple steps.

I'm off to 'pad 'my S & S card!

Um, maybe call Carnival and ask?

I hope some day that you have a question that you post in here and you get the type of response that you posted.

Please if i ever post a question, by-pass my question - bite your tounge and move on. I'd rather pass on your rude response then waste my time reading your curt answer.

Thank you to the rest of the cruise critic people that so "kindly" respond to questions......obviously MRL is a miserable person and needs an attitude adjustment.

Archived