Liquor Cards

need to get away

Hi, I have heard something about Princess having 'liquor cards' (as they have soda cards) for purchase. These are not publicized but if you ask, they have them. Does anyone have any info on these?

Thanks!

Fabulous idea!! How would you propose they handle beer vs. wine vs. spirits?

They used to have a Bar Hop program where you got a card and had it punched/stamped at various bars around the ship and received a t-shirt or hat or some other prize after you had visited all the bars :). But the drinks were purchased at regular prices. :( Recent reports have indicated that the promotion is no longer offered :( , probably to deglamorize alcohol or something like that.

Last time I was on board, I heard the bartender talking about the "drink card" for kids. It was for the smoothie type drinks that the kids drink. If memory recalls it was something like 6 for the price of 5.

Brad

Carnival has a system where, for a higher fare, you can purchase an all-inclusive (probably mostly-inclusive) liquor package for groups. Everyone in the group has to buy the package. One of the local radio stations ran a promo for a Carnival cruise and they were very clear that adult beverages were included in the fare.

Perhaps this is what the OP is referring to.

RCCL has/had a mixed drink card. You pay for 5 drinks and get one free. It included tax and tip and was $3.75 X 5 with the sixth one free. I don't know if they still have it, but it's the only one I know about.

Archived