For Those Who Have Taken The Coral Breeze Tour

momsoftwins

Hi there,

We just took this tour two weeks ago and LOVED it!

When you check in at the Wet Lizard, they will have a menu for you to choose from. There were about 5 different items. Let me see if memory serves here. There was a Chicken Burrito; a Belizean Stew; a Grilled Chicken Sandwich; a Grilled Cheeze (yes, cheeze) sandwich. There was one more item, but neither DH nor I can remember now. He had the stew and said it was good. You also pre-order drinks. If you want more drinks or food, you can order them while you are at the restaurant. But, food takes time to prepare. I think that's why they pre-order the meals.

If time permits, I highly recommend you get a golf cart and ride around the island. Our guide, Henny, was able to get one for us right away. It was $10 USD for the hour and we had a blast. (We were 4 familiy's traveling together and each got one.)

Let me know if you have any more questions. This was our all-time, absolute favorite tour!

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Wrinkles, Was this the CoralBreeze SharkRay Alley tour???

Did your kids(if you have any that went on this excursion) like the shark/ray snorkel part or was it kind of scary?(Hey, it sounds a bit frightening to me!lol) Do you remember what time you had to meet at the Wet Lizard?? I am kind of concerned as we are the last ship(Valor) in port that day arriving at 9am, after the others at 7 & 8am. Any tendering quickly ideas????

Thanks for any info you can give. Glad to hear you had a great excursion with CBreeze.

Mayrashke,

It was the Shark/Ray Alley Tour. We had 8 kids with us ranging in age of 8-12. The crew was very helpful and watchful over the kids. They all loved it. One of the girls did panic a bit when she saw a sea ray swim by, but then settled down and continued on. They get everyone to buddy up and then swim in a line following the leader. It was awsome!

By no means was it scary with the nurse sharks. In fact, one came up to my DH and was looking at him like he wanted to be petted. Which my DH did gently for a few seconds and then it swam off. When you go over to see the nurse sharks and the rays, you are in waist deep water.

We were on RCCL's Enchantment, so I can't give you any hints on tendering with Carnival. On the Enchantment, they took the ships tour people first, and then filled the tenders with people who had confirmed independent tours. Part of our group was on the first tender in. The Wet Lizard is literally steps from where the tenders let off. I'm sure Coral Breeze adjusts their times to the cruise ships. That is their bread and butter! You can e-mail them in advance and find out the exact times. They were quick to respond to me about my questions.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. I've done 14 cruises and this was by far the best excursion I've ever done.

Enjoy,

Leigh

Archived