Luggage for trip home

I know you have to leave your luggage in the hallway the night before you disembark the cruise. I take it the cruise line takes it to the airport. Do they directly check it on the plane or do you receive it back once you get to the airport?

I would like to lock the bags when left in the hallway but will need to take the locks off for the plane ride.

I have also heard of locks that you can use for flights. Can someone give me information on them?

Thanks

You will have to claim your luggage after you get off the ship and before you go through customs. If you have cruise transfers, you will take your luggage to their trucks who will deliver it to you at the airport. If you don't, you will take it with you in a taxi to the airport where you will check it in. There are a few ports where you can check in your luggage if you are traveling on certain airlines.

TSA locks are the ones that everyone recommends. They can be purchased at many stores, including those like Walmart.

Have fun planning your cruise!

I would like to lock the bags when left in the hallway but will need to take the locks off for the plane ride.

Thanks

You do NOT need to take your locks off for the plane. Purchase TSA approved locks. They are available as the above poster said at Walmart, target, officemax, staples, etc.

You can use your own locks--if they want to get in to inspect something, they will just cut them off. If they don't open your bags, they are locked and no one else can get in!

If you want to carry your luggage off yourself, you don't put it in the hall at night. Although it's so much easier to let them get your bags off the ship, even tho you may have to wait for it a bit!

Thank you everyone. I purchased a feaw of the locks. If nothing else I don't like leaving my luggage out. Isn't one of the security questions you are asked is if you bags have been out of your sight in the last 24 hours. Surprising that this is still the practice. But I guess its better than trying to get the the halls with a ton of other people all banging bags.

Thanks again.

Archived