Is a JS worth it?

Sue L

Hey All,

I am sailing in a month for a 5 night to Bermuda and they are now offering the JS for $999 for a residency discount. We currently have a balcony ( E1) on the hump and the JS is on the aft and it is a true aft ( which we love).

I know that the JS you get 2 C&A credits, what other perks you get besides the bigger room of course. I don't think the concierge lounge or the priority checkin am I right? Wondering if this would be worth the $200 pp or not. We don't spend alot of time in the room, but we do enjoy the balcony.

Sue

I've got my first JS coming up next year. I have been told that I can go in the Suite line for embarkation (not disembarkation), You also get individual containers of shampoo and lotion. Robe in room. Bathtub and shower combo for reg JS (mine's a H/C for my scooter and disability so I still get my shower).

Hey All,

I am sailing in a month for a 5 night to Bermuda and they are now offering the JS for $999 for a residency discount. We currently have a balcony ( E1) on the hump and the JS is on the aft and it is a true aft ( which we love).

I know that the JS you get 2 C&A credits, what other perks you get besides the bigger room of course. I don't think the concierge lounge or the priority checkin am I right? Wondering if this would be worth the $200 pp or not. We don't spend alot of time in the room, but we do enjoy the balcony.

Sue

We were in an aft JS for an Alaska cruise which was fantastic because we spent so much time on the balcony. If it's an extra special cruise I would probably take it, but $400 would be a nice payment towards your next cruise. As far as priority boarding and C&A benefits, they are totally over-rated. I have found boarding to be so efficient, that other lines were actually shorter than priority lines.

As far as priority boarding and C&A benefits, they are totally over-rated.

I tend to agree about the priority boarding, but I have a different take on the C&A issue. DH and I will become Diamond members in January -- after five cruises with RCI (normally it takes ten). Four JS and one GS = fast track to Diamond! :) Some of the benefits might not be worth much, but being able to take $200 off the top of every single cruise? That is DEFINITELY worth something to us!!

Archived