Carnival Triumph to Sail from port of NOLA ~ annoucement today

Cruising89143

So far they only announced that two carnival ships will have home ports in New Orleans by the summer 2007. They said that it would bring the total number of cruise ships to six including other lines by that time.

Who is they? and where and when was this announced? I haven't found anything on the web yet?

The Holiday has left Mobile 1O9% with guests every cruise, and we should get another boat here. I have nothing against NOLA, but it dont seem fair that they get so many and we only have one. We could fill another very easy. Just my thoughts !:mad:

The Carnival Triumph marks the return of Carnival to New Orleans with a year-round 7-Day Western Caribbean cruises starting on 9/02/07. We will open Reservations for these new itineraries on 9/06/06.

5-Day Western to: Costa Maya; Cozumel

Departure: 8/28/07

7-Day Western to: Cozumel, Grand Cayman; Ocho Rios

Departures: Sundays, starting 9/02/07-10/28/07; Alternate Sundays starting 11/11/07

7-Day Western to: Belize; Cozumel; Progreso

Departures: Alternate Sundays starting 11/04/07

Brenda, I don't know that there will be all that much difference between a Conquest class and a Destiny Class. I have been on both and they don't feel that much different. I am so looking forward to taking cruise on the Triumph out on Nola. Now I just have figure when.

Freedom sounds great but not too pleased about Triumph. :( I wish they had brought another Conquest class ship. Conquest was a perfect fit for Nola.

B.......I've sailed the Triumph Class (Triumph & Victory) and both are nearly exactly like the Conquest......If someone told you that Triumph was a Conquest, you'd believe them as you'll see all the clubs and pools, etc. are in the same place.....It's all good....trust me....Triumph was one of my very fav cruises!:D

I wonder why so long to get a second ship there?? We have to another whole year?? And look when they plan to start sailing out of there....the end of August. (can anyone say Katrina)

Well, I am thrilled with a second ship. I am thrilled it will be a ship we have not been on yet. I am just disappointed it will take so long.....

The good news is that the new parking garage will definately be up and running by then!!!

B.......I've sailed the Triumph Class (Triumph & Victory) and both are nearly exactly like the Conquest......If someone told you that Triumph was a Conquest, you'd believe them as you'll see all the clubs and pools, etc. are in the same place.....It's all good....trust me....Triumph was one of my very fav cruises!:D

I've heard good things about the Triumph too... and it's a ship I haven't been on :D Any ship is a good ship, LOL!!!! I'll just be happy to take a 7 day from NOLA!!! :D It's a great fit... since NOLA is proving to TRIUMPH over the devastation thrown it's way!!

Archived