Black Watch, Baltics, 30th August 2006

runboy

Anyone on this cruise? Anyone been before who can offer any tips? First time with Fred Olsen, so hoping all will be ok! :)

Returned from a Med cruise on this ship just over a week ago. You will have a great time - she is a lovely ship. The food is superb and the crew are all friendly. I cannot think of any specific advice for you but I would be happy to answer your questions. I can assure you that you will not be disappointed !

Everyone sounds like they had a good time. I'm looking forward to it!

Out of interest, did you notice how much the laundry service was, and how did you find the washing machines-were they busy all the time?

Thanks.

Everyone sounds like they had a good time. I'm looking forward to it!

Out of interest, did you notice how much the laundry service was, and how did you find the washing machines-were they busy all the time?

Thanks.

Sorry can`t answer that one. I never used the laundry service or the washing machines. I just take more stuff with me !!!!

Hi Runboy, I can help!! The washing machines only cost £1.00 per load, turn the dial to quick wash, it takes 35 mins. Tumble driers are free! So are the irons. I went at a busy time, about 4pm, not too bad though. Our cruise was full, next time I'd pop down first thing on a sea day. As for the laundry service, a shirt / blouse was aprox £3.50, about the same for trousers, t shirt £1.50ish. I had a bag full done and it came to £16.00 - well worth it for good stuff, it arrived back next day perfect. It was our first cruise, we absolutely loved it but are very sad it's all over. Don't know what it is about the ship we loved so much - as it's not at all 'WOW!', but it was so homely, the crew were so friendly, we made so many friends straight away, I think that's why people go back time & time again. We found the drinks to be cheap too, the house white is really nice at £9.50 a bottle! Pint of Stellar £2.20. Our money seemed to go a long way and you don't feel pressured to spend. I spoke to people that had done the Baltics on BW last summer and they all said that it was even better than our cruise so enjoy it!!

Thanks for replying P1TKL.

Thanks flea b, that is useful to know. Just have to weigh up £16 versus DIY! We used the DIY laundry on P&O last year-on 2 washers and 2 dryers and people would leave stuff in either-I just bunged it on top of the machine-tough if they can't look after it.

Drinks sound cheap for the venue-do they have daily specials?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived