coffe junkies need to know about Spirit cabin coffeemaker

erpa

Hi we're sailing on the Spirit on Nov 19th. We are die-hard coffie junkies. Can anyone who has been on the Spirit tell me what kind of coffe maker is in the cabins. Drip or perk? What size filters? How many cups at a time do they make? Would appreciate any info!:D

Our inside stateroom had a mini coffee maker.. They gave packets of coffee.. Not the instant kind, it was a drip maker.. Probably could hold no more than 4 cups. I'm sure the room guys would be happy to give more packets if needed.We, however, actually never used the coffee maker even though we were happy to see it. We ordered coffee pots from the breakfast room service menu. Just write large pots of coffee.. but be warned the coffee is of the mud type strong.

thanks for the info. this is going to sound totally anal, but was the filter part of the coffemaker a cone shape or a cupcake paper shape? how long did it take to get your room service coffee from the time you ordered it? thanks and my apologies to those who think i'm being ridiculous (i sorta think i'm being ridiculous)...

erpa....

i for one do not think you're being ridiculous! i would love to know the answer too....i recently asked a similar question...i was told they are more like hot water heaters and that instant coffee was supplied...can anyone who has recently sailed the spirit confirm??

thanks!

jane

The hot water heater w/instant coffee is what we had on the Jewel. I had found that out before the cruise and took my two cup drip maker. Nice to know that the Spirit has actual drip coffee makers for our April cruise!;)

I'm a coffee junkie too! I've never had the water-boiler type pot on an NCL ship but I've heard some rooms have them. The in-room coffee pot has completely spoiled me.

It's a four-cup cupcake type. I bring my own filters and coffee. They supply the hotel-type packs in fiber "bags," which I've used (doubled) when I ran out of my own.

They also provide the cream in little peel-paks. Not "coffee whitener" like some cruise lines, but real half and half. Classy. And yum. I swear, it has spoiled me rotten to be able to make a cup when I want to and not have to wait for room service.

Jana

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Jana - exactly what I needed to know! Since we are driving to the port and I have the luxury of packing whatever I want, I was going to bring our coffee maker but now I'll just bring filters and coffee - that is such a help! We are in an aft balcony cabin on deck 10. Very excited - have heard/read the ship is beautiful. Thanks again.;)

Archived