Room service - not in the cabin

Hello all,

It was mentioned in another thread that room service can be ordered to other parts of the ship. I was amazed and intrigued. :p What can you folks tell me about this? Has anyone tried this? How does one go about ordering room service to public lounges? Is this a fairly common practice on all cruise lines or unique to RCI?

Thanks in advance for your help.

This sounds like a nice treat I guess, but with all the places to eat onboard, I can't imagine I'd ever see a need to use it. Any of the "official" eating areas always seem to have food nearby.

Otherwise, I foresee many a food stain on the carpet and furniture appearing everywhere as people start doing this for the novelty.

In 1997 we where on Enchantment and wanted to have a small get together to celebrate our 20th anniversary just us & 2 other couples and where told we could only get room service in our rooms so we ordered in our room and took it where we wanted to be.

We were on the Empress recently and had the first cabin right next to the card room. Late one night, we all decided to order food and sat in the card room waiting for it. When the waiter come through, we told him the food was for us and he said we had to go into our room to accept it and then WE could bring it back to the card room, but he wasn't allowed to drop it off there.

Archived