Celebrity Credit Card Question

A Little Pixie Dust

Hello,

We recently obtained the Celebrity Credit Card. I wanted to know, when you ask for the credit from your points, do they send you a gift card or is it something that gets applied to your cruise? If they send you a gift card, do you just bring it with you and use it to pay your charges?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Desiree

I just redeemed my points online for shipboard credits and they sent me a confirming letter with a number which I forwarded to my TA. She says it's all taken care of, but I'm going to take a copy of the confirming letter with me.

I just ordered some onboard credits at the credit card website. They gave me a confirmation number. Then I called the Captains Club (phone number on Celebrity website), gave them the details and confirmation number and they applied the credits to our upcoming booking. While on the phone with the Captains Club I also confirmed several other onboard credits that should have been in our account - and were. They were very courteous and efficient when I talked with them.

I just ordered some onboard credits at the credit card website. They gave me a confirmation number. Then I called the Captains Club (phone number on Celebrity website), gave them the details and confirmation number and they applied the credits to our upcoming booking. While on the phone with the Captains Club I also confirmed several other onboard credits that should have been in our account - and were. They were very courteous and efficient when I talked with them.

This is the same procedure I used a few days ago. Very easy.:)

Ditto. I did the same thing. Looking forward to my onboard credits.:)

I made the mistake of ordering the shipboard credit for my cruise last May. (It was easy, I got the number from the credit card web site and then gave that # to my TA). The mistake was: I gave myself a $250 ship board credit when I should have gotten the cash instead and spent the $250 on board since you end up getting triple credit onboard. The $250 ends up being $750 in points. Now that I've figured that out, I'll be getting the cash from the credit card company and applying that money towards paying for the cruise!

I made the mistake of ordering the shipboard credit for my cruise last May. (It was easy, I got the number from the credit card web site and then gave that # to my TA). The mistake was: I gave myself a $250 ship board credit when I should have gotten the cash instead and spent the $250 on board since you end up getting triple credit onboard. The $250 ends up being $750 in points. Now that I've figured that out, I'll be getting the cash from the credit card company and applying that money towards paying for the cruise!

Hi,

Could you explain this to me. You can get the cash instead? And then you spend it onboard (i.e. use your card and then pay off the balance) and then you get triple points for using the card on board for a future cruise credit?

Thanks!

Desiree

Here's how I figured it out. I cashed in and got the shipboard credit for $250. Had I not taken the shipboard credit I could have had 750 in points. So I would have been better to pay for everything on board with the credit card and then wait unitl I have enough points to get the 1% back in cash. I forget the break point with MBNA. I think it's 50,000 points and you can get $500. I'm almost there. I have 3 cruise depoists out there already and another one that i will probably finalize this weekend. Once I pay some of those final payments (triple points, at least thru 1/07) thery'll rack up fast. Then, I'll just take the cash (will come in handy to pay for all those upcoming cruises!)

Archived