star=great..sun=next!!

87SPECIAL

hey guys, i was writing back in April asking questions about the Pacific Star. The tips turned out to be very useful!

I had an absolute ball on the Star even though i was VIOLENTLY sea sick for the first day or two. i got the needle in my bum and everything was fine, although i was too scared to drink any alcohol. However, this didnt bother me, there was so much entertainment, so it was fun whether you were drunk or not. I absoltely adored the crew who put on the live shows..My favourite show was "if i werent at sea" performed on final night. COMIC GENIUS!!

P.S. the stewards were amazing, food was fantastic!! everything was great!

MY next cruise will be the Pacific Sun, ive noticed it is bigger and has a few more amenities...or jsut better ones. we will be sailing 11 nights this time as opposed to 7. can anyone offer me any insights on travelling with the star???

Thankyou:)

So glad to hear you had a ball - I hope you are going to write a longer review when you get the time. We have about 5 weeks to go until we head off on our cruise on the Star and I'm getting very excited.

So glad to hear you had a ball - I hope you are going to write a longer review when you get the time. We have about 5 weeks to go until we head off on our cruise on the Star and I'm getting very excited.

hehe,:p thanks for your interest. im happy to write a longer review.. ill check out the p&o site and see what is expected and what eventuates so to speak. I know for sure,that i was getting slightly nervous at that 5 wk point..i wasnt worried about the negative publicity, just general nerves i guess.. they floated away as we sailed from the dock :D

Just wondering if you can advise if they xray or search your handbags/backpacks etc when you get back on the ship at the ports of call?? Thanks.

Yes they do. All passengers go through a metal detector and all carry on bags go through an xray machine, at every port - including all the Islands.

Hopefully you won't get caught in a que on the embarkation stairs, between the tender platform and the entry door, in the middle of rainstorm, like I did on Pacific Sun at Mystery Island last year.

Kym

Archived