BA hotels

Zimmy

We are cruising from BA on December 13th, and need to decide on a hotel for our pre-cruise stay. We had planned to stay at the Four Seasons, but our travel agent has suggested the Park Hyatt, which apparently is rather new. We have never been to South America before. Do any of you experienced SA cruisers have any comment on either of these two hotels?

Zimmy --

we did not stay at either hotel but did walk around the four seasons on one of our walks -- actually stopped in to get some air conditioning!!-- very nice and upscale. We dont have the bucks to stay at this upscale type of hotel and stayed at the Argenta Towers for 5 days. Nice, clean, breakfast incl. and central to most everything. check it out

\

Earl

We were in Buenos Aires 2 years ago, and are going back in January. When traveling we prefer to avoid big, standarized chain hotels, and instead seek more boutique-type hotels that offer comfort and amenities, and - most importantly - local charm.

Thus, I would highly recommend the Park Elegance Kempinski Hotel, located in the Recoleta District. It is a small European style hotel with extremely helpful staff, lovely breakfast & comfortable rooms.

If you prefer upscale, then the most upscale of all is the Alvear Palace Hotel.

Good Luck.

Mike S

We were on the HAL Rotterdam (jan 11) and after Rio flew to Iguazzu for 2 nights, and then flew to Buenos Aires for 4 nights. We stayed at the Ayres deRecoleta

Ayres de Recoleta was a delightful hotel arranged for through a travel agent in Argentina, Mayra Brill of Argentina Travel Service, who had been recommended by others on the web. She had also made our air arrangements, much more cheaply than I could have done it. It was in the busy area of Recoleta, so we were very near restaurants, shopping, etc. We had a little kitchenette (which we didn’t use except to freeze our water), a large bed area and lots of storage. The bathroom was small, but very adequate. It was the first time I had ever seen a square sink—straight sides with right angles. We found out later that this was a coming trend. I believe it was new in the past year. The staff was most pleasant. It was $90 per night--cheaper to go through our travel agent than their website.

Archived