Terminal Maritima/Fiscal

Jfultz81

After seeing the question about where to pick up the Avis rental car, I went and checked our reservation and realized I have no idea where, and it doesn't give an actual address. We will be on the Rhapsody and hope to dock (at the international pier, right?). This is what Avis gives us:

Terminal Maritima/Terminal Fiscal - GN8

Cozumel Cruise Ship Pier

Carretera A Chankanab KM 4.5 Cozumel XX 77600 Mexico

I'm so confused, please help!

Hi there,

Referring to the info from Avis, the firs line is mentioning Terminal Fiscal. This is the downtown pier from where the regular mainland ferrys arrive and leave. The Cozumel pier or Turistico pier is the pier between Punta Langosta and Puerta Maya, right next to Puerta Maya actually and 10min south from downtown. Since the piers are only party working i think that Avis gave option that it your ship stays downtown, they will wait at the Fiscal pier and if your ship goes to Turistico, they wait there..

Best would be to check with RCCL where they will dock, however this can change in the last minute...depending on the other cruise ships and their arrival.

Hope this helps out some...situation is sometimes a little chaos when ships change their positions..but Cozumel is small and you will not miss your opportunity...

Janet from *****

The Terminal Maritima IS the International pier.

From the RCCL website I see the Rhapsody departing Galveston on Dec 3rd, in Cozumel on the 8th. There will be 3 other ships in Cozumel that day. Although the RCCL website says you will be docked, you may not be. By then Cozumel will be able to handle at least two ships docked per day, so your chances are not bad.

Welcome, in advance, to Cozumel!

Archived