Legend Questions 10/26/04

wild1apache

Hello everyone,

I posted a couple of months ago asking a few questions about the Legend and I have since booked the trip. I am not exactly sure what the letter and number is for it but it is a balcony guarentee. Is that a good option? I have only been on 3 cruises- all of them with Royal Carribean, but not on any of the newer ships. I was on the Enchantment, the Majesty and the Monarch. I know the Legend is much newer. Can anyone give me any information (pros/cons) on the difference between any of the Royal Caribbean ships I was on and the Legend besides the obvious- the Legend is newer. The itinerary is the Belize, Costa Rica and Panama itinerary. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do in each of the ports? I have been cave tubing with Reggie (fabulous, and highly recommended) in Belize and am looking for another option and was seriously thinking of the swimming with the sting rays/nurse sharks excursion. Have people done this with Carnival? How about with an outside provider? Any suggestions on that? Any information would be most helpful as I am really looking forward to this cruise- as I have always wanted to visit both Costa Rica and Panama. Someone had suggested the zip lining excursion in Costa Rica. Any thoughts on that? I think you have to do that with a private source because it does not appear that Carnival offers that as an excursion. Like I said, any info would be most helpful. I look forward to reading your replies. Thank you in advance!

I do not have any answer's to your questions I was just excited to see someone going on my... cruise posting so I had to reply. We are actually thinking of the Rio Wallace and Altun Ha Maya site as a tour in Belize. We are still thinking of what to due in the other ports. We will go to the beach but we are really not water/beach people.

I will be watching this thread to get some ideals myself.

Mike

hi guys!! checking in here...haven't seen too much about our cruise lately, but i do know it is sold out......

we are undecided about excursions.....except hubby definitely wants to do the ferry thing through the locks in panama....

considering the 4x4 in costa rica because we had so much fun on the one in grenada....

belize is still up in the air.....to tell you the truth, none of the excursions there really stand out as a great thing to do....i know the cave tubing is recommended, but it just doesn't appeal to me....we will pick something though as this is not the place to venture on your own (so i've read)...

we are in cabin 5297 aft.....we need to decide on a meeting place/time.....

Marsha

I have sailed Voyager of the Seas and a few carnival cruises. Except for the amenities I felt they were the same/ with service and the food the crews. etc etc. I also felt that Carnival had a better choice of a night life for me. The options were many.

You know, unless you do an excursion, there really didn't appear to be a whole lot to do in Belize. We didn't book through RCCL which is the line we went on but through these boards we were able to do the cave tubing with Reggie. It really was great. Much more intimate with only 10 people in our group compared to the cruise lines' 50+. Well, if anyone else has any comments or suggestions, that would be great. I really appreciate the responses thus far. Regardless, it is going to be a fun time. I always have fun and with this Carnival ship being newer than the 3 Royal Caribbean ships that I have been on, Ia m sure there will be more amenities- no rock climbing wall though, huh?

I have sailed on both the Legend and the Enchantment OTS. The decor on the Legend is brighter, but I found both ships to be pretty in their own way. The cabins on the Legend also seemed bigger for approximately the same type balcony cabins as was the ship itself. A guarantee sounds like a good option to me, although I myself prefer to book a specific cabin. If you think you can be happy in any balcony on the ship in the class that you booked, then you're good to go. :)

Sorry, can't help with the ports.

Archived