crew stairs?

Vic,

You always seem to find any threads that reference cute crew members! What am I saying???? Heck...so do I!!! LOL

T

I certainly do, I can't help myself!! :p

You know great minds think alike!! ;)

Nothing better than a whole lot of eye candy on one's vacation!!:o

Why would you want to? Are hoping to meet a member of the crew?:)

On Brilliance, we frequently bumped into the Captain and some of the crew using the regular stairs to get to Windjammer - both lunch and dinner times. I was quite surprised.

Fran in Toronto

Guest LetMeGo
On Brilliance, we frequently bumped into the Captain and some of the crew using the regular stairs to get to Windjammer - both lunch and dinner times. I was quite surprised.

I don't know about the other ships, but on the CCL's Spirit-class there is only one full-height stairway reserved for crew at the bow of the ship, while two out of the three passenger stairways have a "crew only" section that goes down a few decks after a locked door on the lowest passenger deck...

Maybe some of the crew is just as lazy as the passengers. (Or maybe they actually were on business on the passenger side of the ship. ;) )

If a crew member goes to the WJ - they need to check in/sign up at the desk in case it's too crowded and shouldn't be there (and there's also a charge for those under 2 1/2 stripes to cover gratuities) - so the crew entrance can't be used.

i NEVER SUGGESTED THAT MY KIDS USE THE STAIRS!!!!!!! i cant believe how some people jump all over others on this board........all i asked was do passengers use them.........and I NEVER SAID THE RULES DONT APPLY TO ME...........i wish some people would just lighten up...........

We are normally aft cruisers and on our first few cruises NOS and EOS we were told by the cabin steward that we could use the aft staff stairway (this is the same one you use for the muster drill) but last year on EOS we were "chased off" the crew stairway. So I think it depends on the crew on the ship at the time.

i NEVER SUGGESTED THAT MY KIDS USE THE STAIRS!!!!!!! i cant believe how some people jump all over others on this board........all i asked was do passengers use them.........and I NEVER SAID THE RULES DONT APPLY TO ME...........i wish some people would just lighten up...........

Perhaps you should re-read one of your earlier posts :

"well life is full of surprises !!! LOL..........no just thought it would be quick for the kids to run up that way........the just might do it anyway LOL"

Seems that if the kids used the stairs about all they would get from you is a chuckle. And asking if passengers use a stair way that you acknowledge is off limits to all but crew, certainly gives the impression that you were looking for justification to break the rules also.

I wish some people were less defensive when called to task for something they posted and now want to deny or reinterpret.:rolleyes:

If a crew member goes to the WJ - they need to check in/sign up at the desk in case it's too crowded and shouldn't be there (and there's also a charge for those under 2 1/2 stripes to cover gratuities) - so the crew entrance can't be used.

Everyone listen to sf2, she knows what she's talking about!

Hi Susan! Hope all is well!:)

Vicki

The Captain and crew members who did eat there went in the later hours...like 8:00 p.m. for dinner. There was no trouble finding a table as the place was usually half empty.:) I read somewhere on one of these threads that RCI was encouraging senior crew to get out and get a passenger-eye-view of life on the ship when possible. I assumed they were eating in the WJ as a way of checking it out....I also saw the chief engineer having lunch with pax out on the aft outdoor cafe area.

Fran in Toronto

We are normally aft cruisers and on our first few cruises NOS and EOS we were told by the cabin steward that we could use the aft staff stairway (this is the same one you use for the muster drill) but last year on EOS we were "chased off" the crew stairway. So I think it depends on the crew on the ship at the time.

And the cabin steward who told you it was okay was wrong. The fact that a staff member allows you to break the rules or turns a blind eye to such violations, doesn't make it right. Those cabin stewards might have also told you that it was okay for kids to be in the adults only solarium at any time, or that, if you wanted to,but were not at least a diamond member or staying in a suite, it was perfectly okay to go into the concierge club. The last time I checked, the room stewards were not authorities on what is and what isn't permitted on their ships. :rolleyes:

wow........"life is full of surpries LOL"...........yeah it is........if my kids saw other passengerse using these stairs then yes they'd want to use them, and they would probably do it anyway.......i wont deny anything, all i did was ask a question.......and i'm sure you have never driven 35 in a 25 have you? or crossed the street where there wasnt a crosswalk.......and fyi, YOU misinterperted.........."life is full of surprises LOL" was meant about seeing a handsome crew member.......

I was referring to your comment that "the kids would probably use them" anyway, not the beginning of your post. But whatever, I am comfortable to leave your words out there and let anyone interpret them however they wish.

I am sure that I, and others, have violated rules and regulations on occasion, usually not knowingly or purposely, and never by attempting to justify it by saying that others were doing it also.

The Captain and crew members who did eat there went in the later hours...like 8:00 p.m. for dinner. There was no trouble finding a table as the place was usually half empty.:) I read somewhere on one of these threads that RCI was encouraging senior crew to get out and get a passenger-eye-view of life on the ship when possible. I assumed they were eating in the WJ as a way of checking it out....I also saw the chief engineer having lunch with pax out on the aft outdoor cafe area.

But there are times that WJ is CROWDED and we're . . (oops), crew aren't allowed - and 2 -1/2 stripes and below DO pay $3. Three stripe officers and above are allowed at any time but still need to 'let passengers go first'. At 8pm there are a lot of crew on duty, so not always a viable time option. And the crew mess can really bite the big one sometimes :p

But there are times that WJ is CROWDED and we're . . (oops), crew aren't allowed - and 2 -1/2 stripes and below DO pay $3. Three stripe officers and above are allowed at any time but still need to 'let passengers go first'. At 8pm there are a lot of crew on duty, so not always a viable time option. And the crew mess can really bite the big one sometimes :p

Granted - but the crew I saw were definitely above three stripes - and crowding was never an issue, at all. If it had been probably we would not have seen them....:D

Fran in Toronto

we are staying aft on the 10th floor, i was wondering if passengers use the crew stairs to run to the windjammer etc, or if it is totally forbidden?

You end up in the galley of the windjammer if you use the crew stairs.Then you have to find your way out.

Tj

Archived