Camp Carnival question

rebecca.sarge

I believe it's hit or miss depending on the staff, how many kids are onboard etc... one thing to remember is that kids 9 years + can sign themselves in & out of camp & they do push for this permission from parents, so they might take that into consideration & not let your 8.5 year old move up a group. Talk to the counselors once onboard, they are the ones who willmake the decision. Good luck & I'm sure you'll all have fun regardless of the age group rules!

I just walked my 8 y/o into the 9-10 group and told the staff that he was 9. They didn't ask for proof or act as though it mattered. Very easy. (I wanted him in the same group as his brother who actually was 9!)

If you don't want him checking himself out of camp, simply tell him he's not allowed to do it.

I just walked my 8 y/o into the 9-10 group and told the staff that he was 9. They didn't ask for proof or act as though it mattered. Very easy. (I wanted him in the same group as his brother who actually was 9!)

I wouldn't count on this. They have access to the names and birthdays of all kids onboard so lying doesn't always work. In fact, it will probably cost you some goodwill in the camp. It is better to tell the truth, make the specific request and let them work it out. At both Camp Carnival and RCI's Adventure Ocean, my 5 year old has been MOSTLY accommodated in his desire to be in the older group with his 7 year old sister. However, even when he couldn't be with the "big kids" group, he still had a great time. Obviously most kids want to stay with their older siblings due to familiarity. However from my experience (and the counselors know this well too), the younger kids will have a great time even if separated into a different group so the need to stay with their sibling is very much overrated. If it really becomes a problem, the counselors will take action. My advice is to tell the truth, make the request, but go with the flow--they know what they're doing.

Archived