Venice - air port to train station

What is the fastest way to get from the Venice airport to the train station? I am told the boat takes about 2 hours to get you from the airport to the city. Is that correct? Is there a bus? How long does that take? What is the cost difference?

Leave next week - need info fast.

Thanks

The best way from the Venice airport to your ship would be to take the cruise line transfer. This would take you by bus directly to the ship.

You could also take a cab from the airport to the port. The drive takes around 20 minutes.

If you are really trying to get to the Venice train station there are actually two of them. One of them is on the mainland near the start of the causeway over to Venice. The other is near the Piazza Roma which is one of the only place you can reach by car. Again you can get to either of them by getting a cab at the airport. There is also a bus that goes from the airport.

Here is a link you can check out for further info.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

And here is the link for the airport.

http://www.veniceairport.com/core/index.jsp?_requestid=365316

Have a great next cruise.

The Alilaguna water bus service goes from the airport to the port. The Red and Blue lines make a few stops, and takes about 1 1/2 hours, but is a beautiful ride. (11 euro/person) The new Gold ORO line is an express, and takes 1 hour. (25 euro) (I know it goes from the airport to St. Marks Square. I'm not sure if it continues to the port. You can e-mail them.)

Check their website for all of their routes, schedules, and times. It is a very informative website. The only tricky part is selecting the time periods you are interested in (at the top). Once you determine which lines go directly from the airport to the port, it's easier to select just those routes to review.

You could also take a cab from the airport to the port. The drive takes around 20 minutes.

QUOTE]

WHAT IS THE COST OF THE CAB TO THE PORT ? to ST. MARKS SQUARE ? (and time ? ) website ?

Dumb me. I never saw a causeway on the maps. I thought the only way to get to St. Marks Square, the port, hotels, etc. was by water vehicles. Maybe they are usually mentioned because land taxis are expensive. (I don't know, that's why I'm asking.)

I´m doing this in October:

Bus from Airport to Pizza Roma (3 euros), then get the Vaparetto the 1 stop accross the start of the Grand Canal to the Sation (5 euros single trip or 12 euros for a day card).

I think the buses run very often from the airport and take about 20 mins. You can see the station just opposite from Piazza Roma across th Canal.

Archived