Summit - Oct 28th, 2006 Hawaii Cruise - HALLOWEEN

dwpestates

Ok Gang,

I have endlessly searched the topics and have not found any disscussion on the subject of celebrating Halloween while on the cruise. We will be at sea that haunting evening.....some past pictures show carved pumpkins rather then the typical watermelons. Can/do people dress up in costumes that evening? Does the crew provide any Halloween fun activities on board?, haunting moments?. Here's a few good ideas (Celebrity are you hearing me?): 1.) A ship wide (for those who want to) pumpkin carving contest with prizes for the most scary, coolest looking and most original (what to do with all that yuck innards? let the chefs whip up a lot of pumpkin pie) 2.) Have ghost story telling/readings in some of the lounges and Library to scare the living socks of people! 3.) Have some "hunted areas" of the ship set up to visit 4.) For the younger ones....a small Trick or Treat thing like at Camp Snoopy at Knotts Berry Farm. They have "stations" were the kids can go (only once) to get some candy and creepy things, put a few of these all over the ship. 5.) A Costume contest with some of the same themes as the pumpkin carving contest.

Anyone else got any suggestions? comments? insight? I know some of our non-US friends sailing with us as well as the older crowd (I'm 43 mind you) may not be as big on Halloween as we are over here in the States (my wifes a Kiwi, and New Zealand was never big on it until recently and now they cannot get enough of it).

Lets get a good "thread" going on this topic.....also there's got to be more of Celebritys ships sailing on that cool night of the year!

Darryl

I know a few folks from our Roll Call, Infinity 10/22/06 Hawaii RT, have said that they will be taking/doing costumes. We will be in Honolulu the 30th & 31st, not at sea, so could have some conflicts with excursions. Can't remember what time we sail that day. I have already started thinking of what to make/take for our cabin door to decorate for Halloween, which is what we'll do as we are "dignified" LOL Seniors ! :D:D

We were on the Millie for Halloween 2003 and the dress for the evening was Informal or Halloween costume. After the late seating, a party with costume contest was held in one of the lounges. That was basically all that was done for Halloween.

Thanks to those of you who have replied. It would seem that the costume contest is as far as Celebrity goes. But I did like the idea of decorating your cabin. I forgot about that....sound like a good idea, plus it would give the cabin stewards a smile.

Yes, I realize some of you on other sailings would be in port that night. I wonder what events etc. would be happening on the "Island" that you could go to.

For those of you vacationing from another country.....if you are flying in, say a few days early before the sailing date, try out "Knotts Scary Farm" (aka Knotts Berry Farm) one evening. Durning the whole month of Oct. from about 7:00pm to about 2:00am the Park turns in the THE BEST Holloween Haunt in California. My wife and I go every year. It's got shows, scare zones, scarry mazes and monsters...monsters...monsters roaming all over the park. These are professionally made up monsters that look like the real things. The rides get dressed up as well as the entire park for the whole evening. I would recommend this highly for those interested into seeing how into Holloween we are here over in the States.

If you go to Knotts web site and look under the "special events" tab you find all the info you need. They even have hotel packages and VIP dinners that get you in the park a little early.

I wonder if the any of the "Island's" have something like this.

Darryl

Darryl:

We will be on the Summit during Halloween. It sounds like fun dressing up for Halloween. Have to see what my wife can come up with. She likes to decorate for the holidays, but I don't know if we have the room in our luggage to bring very much for decorating. There will be 3 of us driving to San Pedro and since we aren't flying we might be able to squeeze in some costumes. We have never cruised on Halloween, but on other cruises they have had clinics for holiday costumes. We are from Central Calif., but have never heard of Knotts Berry having Halloween festivities. We will drive to San Pedro on the 27th and stay at the Marina Hotel in San Pedro. We can't make it to Knotts Berry Farm because my father-in-law is wheel chair confined and the drive to San Pedro will be enough for him to handle. He will be celebrating his 90th birthday on the cruise and hopefully we can get everyone on the cruise critic party help celebrate it with him.

See you on the cruise

Bill

Archived