Small helpful consumer tip!

If you have small kids, before cruising, go to the dollar store and buy about $5 worth of beach toys. (shovels, buckets, etc). Trust me, these same small items, will cost $15-$20 on the private island. We discovered this trick, after I had to shell out (get it--shell--ha) $20 when we went to the Disney private beach. Ever since that time, I have purchased the toys in advance. And, best of all, after you are done with them, you can just leave the stuff on the beach or the boat. They are small enough that they don't take up much room.

Leaving on the Mariner on Sunday, and can't wait.

YEP-We do this too. We generally try to find someone to give it to when we leave. On our last cruise a group arrived as we were leaving. My kids went up to a family with young kids and gave them our water toys. They were thrilled and asked how much. My daughter replied "nothing! Use them and pass them on". My kids had fun and hopefully so did the ones who received them.

Archived