Bermuda dress code for dinner

AlC

I need some help................real quick. Am totally confused as to dress code for Bermuda itinerary on Zenith, sailing this Saturday.

So far I have been told the following:

1) By the Captain's Cub - 2 Formal, 2 Informal, 3 Casual;

2) By Celebrity customer service - 2 Formal, 1 Informal, 4 Casual;

3) A fellow cruiser - 2 Formal, 5 Casual

Can anyone just back from Zenith please set me straight....we're almost finished packing and do not want to have start over.

Thanks,

Al C

Don't fret. Either way, there are 2 formal evenings. Everyone pretty much agrees on what attire is appropriate. "Casual" and "Informal" kind of blend into each other and what you might consider informal, I would consider casual and vise versa. I think as long as you don't twirl into the room with a 6 ft train of silk with pearls embroidered on it and diamond tierra on your head on a casual/informal evening, you'll be fine!

Marco,

Thanks for the reply..........i'm one of those sticklers for the dress code so my tux is packed......but when I heard there were no informal nights I thought it would be fun to dress down, so to speak..........

Al C

Ok, I guess my response would be more appropriate for your female traveling companion. I don't think anyone would want to see YOU in the lounge wth a 6 ft train embroidered with pearls and a diamond tiarra on your head, even on formal night. At any rate, informal, shirt (with or with out a tie) and jacket. Casual, maybe less dressy trousers and a golf shirt (or buttondown sport shirt). Sometimes, because of the A/C, having that sportjacket with you even on casual nights is not a bad idea. I'm sure you'll be fine!

Not in MY world! And not on X's, either! This is the most misunderstood style of dress. Informal means semi-formal which does not mean casual. You wouldn't show up on Informal night with capris or khaki's and a polo! It's more a blazer and tailored pants and a dressy outfit for women. Like going to church used to be. :)

And aren't all 7 night cruises on X 2, 2 and 3? Formal, Informal and Casual.

Off the Horizon to Bermuda last week. 2 formals, 1 informal and 4 casual. I'd estimate 20% or less tuxes. I've stopped taking a tux and now use a dark suit for formals. I now take a contrasting pair of slacks and wear them with the suit jacket which now does double duty. Cuts down drastically on luggage (which I don't like to lug anymore) and although there was a time I'd feel uncomfortable dressing this way I feel fine now.

Hi,

There were 2 formals, 1 semi-formal and 4 casuals.

Mon & thurs were formal.

btw, the corkage fee is $20 now. The wine steward didn't bother charging us in lieu of a tip at the end.

Have a great Time!!

Archived