Anyone Ever Pay A 10% Price Decrease Fee?

I emailed cruise411.com to ask about their policy concerning price decreases - prior to final payment and after final payment - I got the following email in response.

Thank you for contacting Cruise411.com.

We do not have a standing policy for price decreases. It all depends on what cruise line you are planning to sail with. My experience has been that Norwegian is the only one thay will give me a problem with price decreases. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity will honor a decrease up until day prior to sailing. Carnival if you are persistent enough will issue a ship board credit (if after final payment, if before they will honor the lowere orice) Holland America and Princess don't drop prices that often they are dealt with on a case by case basis.

We do however have a 10% price decrease fee if it decreases after final payment.

I hope this helps.

Mxxxxxxx

Customer Service

Has anyone ever paid this 10% price decrease fee??

I have never used them but there are many others out there that do not charge at all. I would however question what the 10% is based on. Is it the amount of the decrease or your entire cruise price? Hopefully just the decrease. If you have not yet booked with them you might want to check out other companies that do not charge.

10% of what? The total fare, or the decrease? If it is 10% of the decrease, maybe that is their way of not losing any commission due to the lower rate. I've never heard of this before, either. :rolleyes:

I think it's 10% of the decrease. I actually have an agent at cruise411 that I have used before. I knew I wouldn't have time to play phone tag with her (which I normally don't mind) so that's why I send the question in through their website. I'm going to ask her directly. I have a feeling it's not enforced all the time. Especially if it was before final payment and you are trying to get a price match. I don't think they are going to want to loose the entire booking over $20.00 for instance. I've used cruise411 for my last cruise and never saw anything about it in the information I was sent. I probably won't find anything out until I call her next week. My SIL is coming to town from Ohio on Saturday and we are going to decide what ship we want to take next July.

Archived