Miracle largest balcony cat 11, After aft wrap??

sheilb4

I know the aft wraps are the largest balconies, but which cabin would,be next choice? I thought a side cat 11 next to the aft wraps would be next, but am reading that mid ship cat 11 are bigger? I am really confused.

Looking at the deck plans the upper deck 5 seems to have the larger side balcony next to afts wraps?

Pls pls help me decide I already booked 5264 but am now wondering if this will be a small balcony???

Bar none, the cat 11 wraps are the best... try for decks 4, 6, 7, or 8. These have two separate rooms, while deck 5 wraps only have 1 large room, and are a bit smaller on the inside.

Do not go for the cat 11s next door to the wrap arounds. These rooms have smaller balconies.

If you cannot get a wrap around, go with one midship on Empress Deck 6. Those will have larger and deeper balconies than the cat 11s next to the wrap arounds.

For extra large balconies on 8a-8i categories, try:

6232 (cat 8E)

7258 (cat 8G)

8232 (cat 8I)

*These rooms are 185 sq ft on the inside (normal), but have 180 sq ft balconies (3 times the size of a normal extended balcony. We had 7258 on the Legend, and it was awesome.

Cabins 6234, 7260, and 8234 also have 180 sq ft balconies, but they are all modified for wheel chairs.

Thanks for the input. I always try to get a wrap as indeed there is NO comparison, but this sailing is unavailable, and I can't go other time this year.

I have 5264, but know there are still deck 6 midships avail.

I looked at plan but deck 6 midship cat 11's, seem to look down onto life boats...that would be a prob too...what do you think? So theses balconies are bigger than side next to wrap?

IMO, you would be better on deck six for one main reason:

The balcony is a good bit deeper on deck 6 than the ones aft. The deck six balconies are 6 feet deep instead of 4 ft deep, and this makes a major difference. You basically have 50% more balcony due to this.

As far as the view is concerned, if you look out, you are fine. Yes, when you look down, there are lifeboats down a couple of decks, but this is no big deal. I would choose an 11 more towards the center, and not right next to the area where the side of the ship cuts in. This will improve your view forward and aft.

Overall, I have just found the Cat 11's midship 6 a little better -- I am a huge fan of the extended, deeper balcony.

Thanks so much for your input, I do appreciate it I am looking at changng to either 6160 or 6164...what do you advise? Right now 5264 is the one I am booked in but am being warded away from this cabin because of smaller balcony. Think I will change, but need to make the decision by tomorrow according to pvp. Thanks for more tips.

Either one should be fine. 6164 is a tad more mid ship, but they are so close it shouldn't make a difference.

If there is an "occupancy restriction" for your sailing (meaning they only put parties of 4 in quad cabins), then you will have to take 6160.

You can't go wrong with either one of these.

Hey guys, ease up on sheilb4. We cruised with her this year on the Miracle, and she's anything BUT a stay in the cabin cooped up kind of gal!

We were in 6157 on our first trip on the Legend, and it certainly couldn't compare to an aft wrap. It did have the separate dressing room and a decent balcony, but size-wise, it wasn't as big as we expected. From what I've read on here, the cabin next to the aft does have a stairway that goes past it that crew uses. It might not be as private as you'd like.

Good to see ya again sheilb4 and that you're going on the Miracle again. She's a great ship isn't she??:D

Hey there! so nice of you to say that...I was getting some critisism on another thread. A bit unfair.

You know how it is, after the wraps theres no going back so I wanted to get info on the next best! Deck 4 has the stairway, and deck 5, which I booked, next to wrap, doesn't, so hoping this will work out. How you guys doing? Do you know anything about cat 11 # 5624?

Hi all! I had booked a Cat 9A on my Legend cruise for 5/27/07, but noticed they started offering a Cat 11 Garantee that I booked for just a bit extra!

Since all of the mid ship Cat 11 quads are still available I would love to see some pics of them! I tried you signature PC Gal but I couldn't find the link?

Could you E-mail it to me?? JHS1111RPH@aol.com

Shelib4, congrats on your Cat 11!!

Jacquelyn :D

Hey there sheilb4! I noticed there were some unkind comments, and just as I was posting, I lost my connection and my post. I guess I got on the wrong thread when I came back on. I was "corn"fused...:D We're fine and counting the days til we hit the Legend again. Sorry, I don't know anything about that cabin, but it's good to know the outside stairs aren't on deck 5! We've got your old cabin on the Legend like you had on the Miracle. It did have the couch didn't it?

Jacquelyn11, I took the link to my pics off my signature after many of them were stolen by another website. Funny, I still get alot of hits on them! I'll be happy to email the link to you.

Archived