Bands onboard the Zenith?

jcbbjb

Hello. Can anyone who has recently sailed on the Zenith to Bermuda please give me their opinion of the musical entertainment onboard? Specifially, the party band and the performers in the various lounges.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello. Can anyone who has recently sailed on the Zenith to Bermuda please give me their opinion of the musical entertainment onboard? Specifially, the party band and the performers in the various lounges.

Thanks in advance for your help!

We were on the 7/29 Zenith. The party band is okay, seemed just like every other party band I've seen on a cruise ship.

There were three guitar players on one of the lounges, they seemed rather ordinary. There was a duo on one lounge, Surf & Sand duo or something like that. They were okay. They may have been husband and wife, I'm not sure. I wasn't so much a fan of their singing as I was of their technology...the husband uses a Mac iBook and iTunes to add to their performances.

Some folks like to slam the Celebrity singers and dancers. I thought the group on the Zenith were great, very nice voices. Some of the costumes were, ah, strange. That doesn't bother me, the singing and dancing was great.

WE sailed the Zenith in June. We HIGHLY recommend the Alhambra Trio which played in one of the bars in the evenings. They are three Philipino guys. This group was incredible. They play a lot of the 60's trio music. Especially request "Puff the Magic Dragon."

Just got off Zenith today. The Poolside band, "Phoenix" are awesome and be jammin'. The guy-gal duo in the lounge, although they have a large reportoir, aren't that great. He has no range and she sings very carefully through her nose. They use electronic accompaniment. The guitarist in the Fleet Bar is wonderful and sings classic songs. The Alhambra band, though I didn't hear much of them, are alsop good. Overall, Celebrity's hires muct come cheap.

Just got off Zenith today. The Poolside band, "Phoenix" are awesome and be jammin'. The guy-gal duo in the lounge, although they have a large reportoir, aren't that great. He has no range and she sings very carefully through her nose. They use electronic accompaniment. The guitarist in the Fleet Bar is wonderful and sings classic songs. The Alhambra band, though I didn't hear much of them, are alsop good. Overall, Celebrity's hires muct come cheap.

Thumbs up on the guy in the Fleet Bar...ask for his playlist ,very extensive...he'll do requests from it.

I thought Phoenix was a cut below the usual house band ,but not horrible.

The duo in the lounge was very weak by past standards.

Archived