tipping for room service

Mamanance

How many of you tip for room service? I usually give them two bucks whenever they come up. I even tip a buck or two when I have them bring me ice, as every time I come back to the room, my ice is melted. I need a bigger ice bucket. LOL. I ask them to fill me up a huge bucket of ice beside that tiny little metal thing. Seems when they clean the rooms they fill the bucket, but if you come back in the afternoon the stewards are off so I have to call room service, since you can't get to the ice machines.

almost all posters here tip for room service...ask how many dont--lol Surprising is a lot of first time cruisers dont know the steward is off duy from noon til 5pm every day except the first and last days. (its in the booklet on the desk)

We tip 1-2 bucks depending on what we ordered but never more then 2 bucks.

Stacy: What have you ordered from a dinner room service? the menu on carnival is not all that extensive.

For room service, if i order alot, i'll tip $2.00... otherwise a $1.00

For dinner in the dining room I may slip my dining room steward a $10.00 bill just once tho at some point during the cruise.

The prob with "extra tipping" and this is gonna sound harsh no matter how I phrase it on here but, "they'll get used to it". They already get auto tipped from most, I said most, not all of everyone on board. Tipping extra should never be over done. Like I said, it just sounds harsh.:eek:

Tipping extra should never be over done. Like I said, it just sounds harsh.:eek:

Cotton pointed out a while back that we tip the waiter 3.50 per day and they do a heck of a lot more work then the roor service person- when put into that perspective 5 bucks is more then excessive for room service

Cotton pointed out a while back that we tip the waiter3.50 per day and they do a heck of a lot more work then the roor service person- when put into that perspective 5 bucks is more then excessive for room service

Serene, you meant to say cabin steward, not waiter. Once again, my friend, you are typing too fast.:D:D

And yes, the steward does SO much for his $3.50 a day. The room service delivery person only brings one tray, so I think a $1 tip is sufficient; $2 at the most if a very large order.

I am almost in cruise mode Cotton- 3 weeks and getting waited on. cant wait.

Yes, I meant cabin steward...lol and used to feel i under tipped the delivery person til you pointed that out to me...now i dont feel as bad,

Never less than $1, more often than not $2... If we are really in a hurry and they get there quick, it's sometimes been $5. Now, in the middle of the night when the orders are backed up and we're really tipsy, we've been known to bribe them with more if we get our order "expedited." :)

How many of you tip for room service? I usually give them two bucks whenever they come up. I even tip a buck or two when I have them bring me ice, as every time I come back to the room, my ice is melted. I need a bigger ice bucket. LOL. I ask them to fill me up a huge bucket of ice beside that tiny little metal thing. Seems when they clean the rooms they fill the bucket, but if you come back in the afternoon the stewards are off so I have to call room service, since you can't get to the ice machines.

Consider also bringing a collapseable cooler with you. It packs easy and you'll have plenty of ice anytime you need it. It also keeps your sodas and bottled waters nice and cold.

Archived