Downtown Playa Del Carmen

tineedancer

My husband and I are looking for a nice beach club in downtown Playa...white. powdery dand, gentle blue water with calm surf, and a beach bar with lounge chairs and umrellas. We usually stay at a resort, but this time we are on a cruise and have a limited time.

Anyone familiar with the area and could help out with recommendations?

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

tineedancer:)

Wish I could help - we're in the same boat (no pun intended). I've read that Mamitas is nice, but fairly loud. Our plan is just to taxi to Playa and find a place to plop down...I contacted a few AI, but they wanted $80 pp - we'd only be there for about 5 hours so that was too rich for our blood.

Best of luck, and lots of fun!

• 2 weeks later...
Wish I could help - we're in the same boat (no pun intended). I've read that Mamitas is nice, but fairly loud. Our plan is just to taxi to Playa and find a place to plop down...I contacted a few AI, but they wanted $80 pp - we'd only be there for about 5 hours so that was too rich for our blood.

Best of luck, and lots of fun!

You can take the ferry across to Playa from the pier downtown in Cozumel, it costs around $10/pp and takes 20 minutes. I would recommend doing it this way. This is what my wife and I did in January on our cruise, and I am headed on another cruise this weekend with a couple friends, we will probably do the same. :cool:

• 1 month later...

Archived