Totally confused about port..

ktharris120

Hi All,

We are sailing on the Explorer of the Seas on 8/25/06.

We are scheduled to go to St. Thomas on Monday, 8/28/06.

I checked the previously posted website and learned there will be 3 ships in St. Thomas on that date.

My Itinerary says we are going to Charlotte Amalie.

I am very confused by Havensight, Charlotte Amalie, Downtown....even the cruise documents are confusing. Trying to read the descriptions of the excursions they offer.

I'm further confused by our "late" arrival in St. Thomas. Our ship does not arrive until 1 pm. By the time I get off the ship, I'm not sure what we can still accomplish. My husband is going to play golf at Mahogany Run. Any ideas on what I can do with 2 children, ages 13 and 9? We would be most interested in Beach and maybe the skyride.

Thanks,

Kathy

Havensight is the name of the dock, and it's also the name of the shopping area at the dock. The Sky Ride is also in Havensight just a short walk from the ships.

Charlotte Amalie is the official name of the town, which is more commonly referred to as town. "Town" is about 2 miles from the ship to the start of town (town starts at the fort which is closed for renovation). No cruise ships dock directly in town. You either take a taxi or walk. There are, of course, more shops in town.

Kids want to go to the beach. The closest one is at the Marriott Hotel, but the most popular one is Coki, because of the snorkeling and other water activities that take place there. It'll take you about 20-30 minutes to get there, and taxis will be waiting for you at the dock to take you anywhere you'd like to go. You'll probably be riding with a group of 8 or more. You'll be able to enjoy a few hours at the beach before heading back to Havensight for the Sky Ride if you still want to do that.

Archived