Which cruise lines offer in cabin babysitting?

tinatark

We are thinking of cruising with kids 13, 11, 8 and 17 mos old. I don't know of any ships with programs for the 17 mo old, except for the mommy and me (whatever the name of it is!) on Royal Caribbean.

We are interested in which lines offer babysitting for toddlers that age.

Thanks!

Most cruise lines have gotten rid of in cabin sitting due to liability concerns, but the two I know of are RCCI and Celebrity---they will do the in cabin sitting. Other cruise lines offer group sitting after 10pm in the kid's club area, for a fee which is in the $6 to $8 an hour range.

Wow ! good for you that you can take them. I would love to do that with my youngest two some day. Wanted to plan for next summer but we are having a wedding in October so it may have to be the summer after that.

I love celebrity but with the ages of your children you might like RCL better for activities etc

Enjoy your cruise

nadine

RC and Celebrity are the only mainstream lines that do in cabin sitting. If you have the bucks, Crystal and Regent also have in cabin sitting (never been but love looking). Cunard's group sitting/camp is on and off all day for 1 year old and up and is free.

We have done both RC and Celebrity. The mommy and me program on RC was nothing great. It was just a bunch of toddlers playing with old Fisher Price toys and no group activities at all. It was not even held in the camp, it was in a card room which was not even toddler safe. (There were these planters with some gravelly type things in them that my then 10 month old kept trying to put in his mouth.) RC also would not let any children in diapers to play in the camp area. We are going back on Celebrity in Nov. and from what I saw on their website, it looks like there is now a separate area you can bring your diapered children into.

We love the incabin babysitting so that we can go to late seating dinner while the kids are asleep and not have to wake them up to take them to the camp which doesnt start until 10 pm.

I agree with motherchic, with the ages of the older children/teens though, a Voyager class RC ship would be the best bet b/c of all the activities, ice skating, rock climbing, Jonnie Rockets etc....

Archived