Parking ??? at FLL Hotels

IScubaSlo

I know some hotels have free parking in Fort Lauderdale. My question is because I'm going to bid on Priceline for a hotel and not sure wether I will get a hotel with free parking, will all hotels let you leave your car in their lot if you pay to leave it there? Or will you have to find another place to park?

Cheryl

Most will allow you to keep your car there (an exception would be if they have limited space and are expecting a large convention, affair, or occupancy in the days ahead).

As the above poster mentioned, parking at the pier is always an option, and may be cheaper depending upon what the hotel charges to park and roundtrip taxi fare (if the hotel doesn't offer a shuttle).

This was the main reason I didn't go with Priceline- when you factor in parking of $6 to $10 per day, multiplied by an 10 night cruise with pre-cruise night stay, that makes over a $100 difference between hotels with or without parking.

I found out what hotels are close to the pier in my price range, and then found out if they 1)charge for parking 2)offer shuttle/approx cost of taxi.

We ended up choosing the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport North as they have a flat-rate $15 fee (one time payment) to park and a complimentary pier shuttle. Since I'm a gov't employee, the discount on the room was very good; plus we can use our Hilton's reward card. If we didn't pick this one, we would have gone with SpringHill, below.

The SpringHill Suites Airport & Cruiseport has free parking but no shuttle. Since its only 4 miles from the pier, taxi wouldn't be much. They offer packages of hotel room + transportation to the pier, though.

Ft Lauderdale Marriott North also had free parking, but they're 15 miles from the pier and taxi would be around $20 acc'd to the lady I spoke with.

Pay to park hotels:

Wyndham Ft Lauderdale Airport said they charge $8/day to park.

Comfort Suites Airport & Cruiseport said they charge $10/day to park.

Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Airport said they charge $8/day to park.

Hyatt Regency Pier 66 said that they charge $10/day to park.

Hope this is helpful! Best of luck to you in booking your hotel!!

Carrie

Archived