Cayman island questions

kd34wool

I went to Grand Cayman last Sept. for my honeymoon and we are going on another cruise that ports at Grand Cayman this year. We did the snorkel and stingray excursion lasy year. I was reading about Rums point. Any input on that idea or any other good ideas??!!

Rum Point is beautiful, and if you can come up with a way to just get yourself there, I'd do it. Apparently some people rent cars, but I'm too nervous for that (wrong side of the car; wrong side of the road :rolleyes: )! I don't know about public transportation, but surely someone here does. I don't know that I could spend literally all day at RP, as there is little to do other than lounge, swim, eat and drink, but now that I read what I've written, what else IS there to do in paradise?! RP only has the one small souvenir shop, so it's definitely not your shopping stop - all the good shopping is right near the pier, so you can do that last before you catch your tender. And as I recall, the drinks at RP are pretty expensive - I was ready for a cold beer and I paid about $6 US plus tip for a bottle of Michelob :eek: Dang, not much drinking gonna happen at that rate, but it sure made drinking on the ship look like a bargain ;)

Archived