RCL Miami Port

stritt

Could someone tell me what the Royal Caribbean Miami Port is like? We are scheduled on a December 2, 2007 cruise with Royal Caribbean out of Miami. How long does it take once you get to the port (via bus from Miami International) until you are on board? Do you stand in line outside for a long period of time? Would appreciate any assistance on this as we had a bad experience with a different cruise line and I would like to put my husband's fears to rest if possible.

Could someone tell me what the Royal Caribbean Miami Port is like? We are scheduled on a December 2, 2007 cruise with Royal Caribbean out of Miami. How long does it take once you get to the port (via bus from Miami International) until you are on board? Do you stand in line outside for a long period of time? .

Once the bus has filled up at Miami airport (5 minutes to 30+ minutes) your ride to the port will take 20-25 minutes. Once inside the port you'll have to wait for the bus to unload then you'll proceed into the terminal. Depending on the time of day it can take anywhere's from 15 minutes to an hour to get on the ship. Ther terminal is air conditioned and there are plenty of seats at the RCCL terminal.

I've taken the cruise shuttle once, never again. If needed I'll take my own cab ($24). It's quicker, easier and less of a hassle then any shuttle bus. ;)

This is the million dollar question around here. The wait time vastly varies. Generally speaking, the earlier you get to the port, the earlier you will board. However, if the previous sailing is delayed for any reason (mechanical failure or immigration probelms with previous passengers, etc.) you may be in for a wait for a while. I've arrived at the port as early as 9:30 a.m. and been the first to board. I've arrived as late as 3:00 and walked on board in a matter of 20 minutes. I've also boarded with the masses and have had to wait over an hour. It really is a crap shoot. We prefer to arrive as early as possible because we want to start our vacation as soon as we can. But, if you prefer a really short wait time, then board closer to sail time. In most cases, you won't wait outside at all. Drop your luggage with the porters and inside you go to a large waiting area (plenty of seats). Since cruising has become so popular and the market really is flooded with ships, the various ports (especially Miami because so many ships sail from there) have become very effiicient at boarding. Tell DH to relax, you'll get on board with a small wait and enjoy an entire week of pampering to make up for any wait you may have at the beginning.

Happy Sailing!!! :D

Many thanks for the responses. The reason I asked was when we sailed on Carnival Victory last year, the last Sunday in August, we had to stand in line, outside in the sun with no shade and nothing to drink for 2 and 3/4 hours. Hubby ended up with heat stroke and was miserable most of the cruise which happened to be a 25th anniversary celebration. :eek: Needless to say, it made for a memorable 25th in the wrong way.

Archived