Restaurants near HHV

Rdwhite1999

We will be flying from the east coast on 8/25/06 and will be arriving in Honolulu about 3:30 p.m. but with the time difference this will be like 9:30 p.m. for us. We will probably just want to check in at the HHV and then get something to eat before going to bed early. Are there any good restaurants near the HHV? My husband is a very picky eater - no seafood, pizza, italian - meat and taters type of guy (he will eat Mexican though!). I know that the are restaurants in the HHV but are they pricey? Also, could someone advise me if there is a show by the main pool on Saturday nights? I thought I remember reading somewhere that there was - if so, what time does it start?

There is a 24 hour coffee shop across Ala Moana street from the main entrance of the hotel. To get there, go out of the hotel down the main entrance and go left. At the traffic light, cross Ala Moana and the cafe is right there. If you continue going down Ala Moana (left) you'll come to a McDonald's and Starbucks and a couple of other restaurants. On the grounds of the HHV, there is a New York style deli, a pizza place, a Chinese restaurant and a Japanese restaurant. Those are all listed on the HHV web site. My family ate at the coffee shop on the recommendation of a co-worker and it was just fine. If you are in the Ali'i Tower, they have free appetizers every night on the second floor bar b the pool from 5-7 which was a real plus. Just be prepared, everything is expensive. A bagel with cream cheese was $4.50 at a bar in the Tapas Tower.

The coffee shop the other mentioned is the Wailana. I ate breakfast there almost every morning I was in HNL.

Just a couple blocks down Ala Moana Blvd is an Outback Steak House (I ate there several times; tell Joey I said HI!!) and a Red Lobster.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived