Med Voyager of the Seas

Can anyone help us trying to find out what the formal nights are on the Voyager (Med) and do med cruises tend to be dressy than caribbean cruises

Just came back July 29 from the Voyager and I would say Europeans tend to dress up more whether it be on formal night or not . So the answer is YES ....more dressy than the Caribbean .

First formal night was Sunday because we left Marseilles at 2 pm giving everyone plenty of time to get ready . The second formal night was on the day we were at sea . Second last night I believe .

I can't help with your first question, but I can help with the second.

I just got off of a 12 day Brilliance of the Seas cruise 2 weeks ago. The dress onboard the ship was really casual. I think after really hot weather and really long days at port, no one really wants to dress up.

Of course on formal night I saw some tuxedos, but for the most part it was casual. I even saw people in the dining room in jeans on formal night.

Every night of the cruise I saw men and women in jeans, in tennis shoes, even some men in shorts. No one cared and no one said anything.

Just came back July 29 from the Voyager and I would say Europeans tend to dress up more whether it be on formal night or not . So the answer is YES ....more dressy than the Caribbean .

First formal night was Sunday because we left Marseilles at 2 pm giving everyone plenty of time to get ready . The second formal night was on the day we were at sea . Second last night I believe .

intersting. You must have been on the July 22nd Voyager trip? I was on the July 22nd Brilliance trip. We saw each other in Barcelona and in Naples.

Anyhow, thats surprising that your cruise was a lot dressier. Ours was very dressed down.

But since you said that Europeans tend to dress up more, did you have a large European crowd on your cruise? I would say that ours was about 70% American and 30% European

jstducky Yes we departed on July 22 . I don't know the breakdown but I would say 60% Americans and 40% Europeans .Most people dressed up for dinner and there were only a few people wearing jeans in the dining room . I have been on several Caribbean/Mexican cruises and they were more dressed down and casual .

Just got off Voyager's 12 August cruise.

The first formal night is Sunday, the 2nd is Thursday.

I noticed that the 2nd night was more dressier than the first. A lot of the Italians disembarked on the Monday at Civitavecchia, so for them it was their last night and were packed. There seemed to be more men in black tie and ladies in full length dresses at the 2nd formal.

Have a great cruise.

:confused: :confused: Hello there,

Since you guys seem to have disembarked Voyager in less than 2 months, can you tell me what you did in Marseille and Florence/Pisa? I am leaving in October and still unsure as to what we should do in these ports. Currently, I have an excursion booked to Aix en Provence but I am wondering if that's worth it, since everything is closed on a Sunday. Help!!

I'm packing a long evening gown and a dress pair of black pilazzo pants with a white formal top - I can also switch various dress tops with the black pants to get a little variety if so desired. I have read that Europeans tend to dress more stylishly.....and I certainly enjoy that so I will wear exactly what I want...no slovenly look for us!

Marseille: we are sailing on the 9/16 Voyager and currently have booked the Marseille city tour. We did this because it starts at 2pm and is only 3.5 hours long. Originally we planned to just walk around the port-but then realized the town is basically shut down on Sundays. We are still debating on keeping this tour since we have full day private excursions for the next four days and might just want to chill out on Sunday!

.....21 days to go!

:confused: :confused: Hello there,

Since you guys seem to have disembarked Voyager in less than 2 months, can you tell me what you did in Marseille and Florence/Pisa? I am leaving in October and still unsure as to what we should do in these ports. Currently, I have an excursion booked to Aix en Provence but I am wondering if that's worth it, since everything is closed on a Sunday. Help!![/quot

We did not stop in Florence on this trip but when we were there in 2004 we took the train first to Pisa and then to Florence . Very easy to do on your own . DO NOT walk to the train station as we were so stupid to do. It is about 5 miles away from the port and not in the most pleasant area from what the locals told us . Needless to say we took a taxi back for 15 Euros .

We were on in Marseilles from 7-2 and as mentioned the town is shut down . No time to attempt Aix . We took the Princess shuttle into town for 6.00 US pp one way . Then you can either hike up to the Cathedral as we did or catch the tram which we saw on our way back .:mad: We walked around the old town and did some shopping at the open air market and by the terminal building .

Archived